IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Initially the governor appoints a replacement.
Then a few months later, there is a special election.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New With control of the Senate in the balance, I don't think they'll risk another vote ...
... unless they're really confident in their polling.
--

Drew
New MA is very much a blue state. But, not perfectly blue. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Even with a Biden victory, we're screwed with Covid. - (mmoffitt) - (20)
         My fear is that Biden will become Carter 2.0 -NT - (InThane) - (19)
             He may not run again. He'll be 82 in November 2024. He might endorse Kamala. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                 I don't mean to imply in number of terms - (InThane) - (17)
                     Ah. Then a more apt comparison would be Obama. No? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         True. -NT - (InThane)
                     Possible too.. his health (mental or physical) may urge 'spend-time w/family' exit - (Ashton) - (14)
                         I do believe he's got good intentions - (InThane) - (13)
                             Do you realize that Warren would have lost to Trump? - (a6l6e6x) - (10)
                                 You join several I know in that 'Hobson's Choice', including mine. - (Ashton) - (5)
                                     She may get to be Secretary of the Treasury. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                         How would her successor be chosen? -NT - (drook) - (3)
                                             Initially the governor appoints a replacement. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                 With control of the Senate in the balance, I don't think they'll risk another vote ... - (drook) - (1)
                                                     MA is very much a blue state. But, not perfectly blue. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Prove it. - (InThane) - (3)
                                     Well, Biden did not make it by much in the "battleground" states. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                         Biden's ground game sucked. - (InThane) - (1)
                                             For sure, Biden's ground game could have been better. - (a6l6e6x)
                             Until the Senate is reformed, it won't matter which non-Repo is in the White House. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Well, earlier today I made my first donation to the Jon Ossoff campaign. - (a6l6e6x)

Living in our own private Idaho.
169 ms