IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Penn Jillette authors idiotic editorial.
Okay, so it's not over, there will be court fights, but Joe has won. I used to identify as Libertarian, I used to have opinions on government. I used to think I disagreed with Joe Biden on most everything, but I voted for him. I wanted the other guy fired and I wanted Joe hired and for me the job description is now very simple. I need Joe to love all the Trump supporters. I don't care if Joe raises taxes. I don't care if Joe helps add stupid, counterproductive regulations. I don't care about anything except love and kindness.

I've never seen Joe as a hero, but now we need a Nelson Mandela. We need MLK. And it needs to be Joe. We need someone who can love the people who hated him and lied about him. He must rise to the occasion.

Half the country voted for Trump. These people did not buy a pig in a poke like in 2016, these were people who knew what they were voting for and voted anyway. It's appalling and horrifying, but these people are not monsters. These people are our neighbors and our relatives. These people are us, and we need someone who can teach us to love them again.

Joe started saying the right things already, but he has to go all the way. Please, Joe, make me embarrassed to say anything bad about Trump supporters. Please fill all our hearts with love for each other. Please. This is Joe's chance to have the situation make him better than he has any right to be. Please teach us to love and understand and move on together.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/opinions/post-election-roundup-what-now-america-opinion/index.html

I suppose it was concentration camp victims' responsibility to teach us to love members of the Third Reich as well, right, Penn? "These were people who knew what they were voting for and voted anyway. It's appalling and horrifying, but these people are not monsters." The fuck they aren't. Those people have no redeeming value whatsoever. We didn't make peace with Nazis, why should we with Trump voters? They sure as hell aren't interested in making peace with us - and we won FFS. Their response to losing is to try to destroy our democracy.

OTOH, it makes sense that he'd be all for Biden loving Trumpsters. He acknowledges he was a Libertarian - which pre-Trump qualified him as a most RW loon. But then Trump brought the Brown Shirts out into the open and made Libertarians seem less ghoulish.

Love the "very fine people on both sides of the Nazi question?" Fuck off Penn Jillette.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Just one question
Where is his editorial from 2016 saying that Trump needed to teach Republicans to love the people who voted for Hillary? Because if he wasn't saying it then, he doesn't get to say it now.
--

Drew
New ;^>
New He is a fine entertainer
And like many entertainers, his opinion and a couple of quid gets you a cup of coffee.
     Penn Jillette authors idiotic editorial. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
         Just one question - (drook) - (1)
             ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
         He is a fine entertainer - (pwhysall)

Would you not set your wheelchair for Warp Six and head for the hospital parking lot like a hunted thing just as fast as your skinny grey tires would carry you?
89 ms