IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah, I've been thinking about what he'll do as a lame duck
Assuming Biden is eventually recognized as the victor, no matter how long they draw it out there would be some amount of time where Trump is undeniably on his way out, but is also undeniably still in charge of very many things. Whether he takes that time to ratfuck the entire country on behalf of his own personal interests, or just to fuck the Democrats out of spite - or for that matter to fuck the Republicans out of spite - he will have the time and the authority to make an incalculable mess.
--

Drew
New There are laws that constrain the transition.
https://www.govexec.com/management/2020/09/despite-presidents-comments-transition-efforts-required-law-are-underway/168893/

Presidential transition efforts, as required by law, have been underway within the Trump administration for almost a year, despite President Trump’s recent non-committal to a peaceful changeover.

[...]

Despite the uncertainty over Trump’s intentions, the presidential transition, which is enshrined in various laws, began last November and, so far, the administration has met its statutory requirements, such as designating space to the Biden campaign, establishing a White House coordinating committee and council of agency transition directors and submitting reports to Congress six and three months ahead of the election. The first transition law was passed in 1963, but the process has evolved and grown lengthier over the years, especially after the 2000 election because the recount of Florida’s votes and Supreme Court case shortened the transition time, Ed Ingle, president of the consulting firm New Lantern partners who was the Cabinet coordination director for President George W. Bush’s transition in 2000, noted.

[...]

Lots of his minions are going to be looking over their shoulders, not wanting to end up under the microscope of Uncle Joe's Justice Department. I expect the criming to drop off rapidly after Tuesday.

We'll see.

Cheers,
Scott.
     GE Predictions! - (pwhysall) - (18)
         Votes cast: Solid Biden win; Votes counted on day 1: toss-up - (drook) - (5)
             If Florida goes Biden by the end of the night that might be the end of it. - (malraux) - (4)
                 Are you accounting for the lawsuits? -NT - (drook) - (3)
                     That's the chicanery. -NT - (malraux) - (2)
                         It worked for Dubya. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Good thing none of his lawyers are still working for the party - (drook)
         If Trump wins, this will be our last one. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             You got that right! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Blowout for Biden/Harris. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Thanks for a few endorphins; me? "I Dream of Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair" - (Ashton)
             I would like to agree with you... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 He's a blustering, angry old man. - (Another Scott)
         Biden/Harris, eventually. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             I hope Scott's right, too. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 GMTA.. the McGuffin in every matter, analysis paralysis needing unclogged-Brainz :-/ -NT - (Ashton)
         We're fucked. - (InThane) - (2)
             Yeah, I've been thinking about what he'll do as a lame duck - (drook) - (1)
                 There are laws that constrain the transition. - (Another Scott)

Like when you're stuck in a traffic jam for an hour only to learn that the root cause was somebody on the roadside losing a piece of their McGriddle between their plump thighs.
59 ms