IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Burning the mortgage
I attempted to pay it off just now, but the check was declined: the lienholder wants the final payment to be the equivalent of a gilt-edged bond conveyed via wire transfer, with a couple of hundred dollars of fuck-you administrative fees. Still, I think I can comply with the bullshit and get out from under Mister Potter before another week elapses.

cordially,
New time to celebrate indeed
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Congrats! It's great to own your home.
We have for a little under two years. Really gives a boost to your savings.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Excellent.
We did it a while ago. It's a great feeling.

Congrats!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Perhaps light that fire with ... a Drumpf poster? ..a Two-fer.
New Paid ours off a few years ago...
...before the sprog arrived, but we're looking at taking out another so we can get a bigger place, possibly with a decent view. Hoping that the coming crash knocks the legs out of the market so we can pick something up for a song.
use std::option::sig
New Re: administrative fees?
That's a rip off!

When I did that back in 1992, the check for the balance was all it took.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Re: administrative fees?
Well, given that the original mortgage was something more than 8% + PMI, and the refi was 2.75%, I’m prepared to regard the fuck-you fees as a rounding error. Anyway, it’s all behind me now.

resignedly,
New if you hold a mortgage burning party
burn a photocopy, NOT the original. I've read stories on the internet where people get bitten on the ass after the fact from screwed up bureaucracies.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New As of this afternoon
Mortgage is burnt. Yay.

triumphantly,
New Congratulations!
New Good on you!
Ours is going after the first of the year. I don't understand the mechanics but apparently it's more cost effective than doing it this year.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Very well done!
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New All right!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Burning the mortgage - (rcareaga) - (13)
         time to celebrate indeed -NT - (boxley)
         Congrats! It's great to own your home. - (mmoffitt)
         Excellent. - (Another Scott)
         Perhaps light that fire with ... a Drumpf poster? ..a Two-fer. -NT - (Ashton)
         Paid ours off a few years ago... - (InThane)
         Re: administrative fees? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Re: administrative fees? - (rcareaga)
         if you hold a mortgage burning party - (lincoln)
         As of this afternoon - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Congratulations! -NT - (scoenye)
             Good on you! - (hnick)
             Very well done! -NT - (mmoffitt)
             All right! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

A day late and a dollar short.
117 ms