IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lest I leave the wrong impression, I have no special disdain for Catholics.
And in general, I'm tolerant of people claiming to believe in the dogma of any of the narcissistic desert religions, as long as they have no influence on others, let's call them the enlightened (aside: I'm very sorry Dawkins' moniker of "Brights" never took off). Anyone claiming to be an Xian of any stripe is either a liar or delusional to the point of needing medication and therapy. For if they "truly believe" then they are convinced that their belief in an imaginary, magical friend is going to allow what they know as themselves to persist forever. The idea is ludicrous on its face. Worse, this idea is extraordinarily dangerous for humankind during a lethal pandemic because it attempts to obscure the fact (and in far too many cases in this country succeeds in obscuring the fact) that human beings are non-essential life forms on this planet (not to mention being non-essential to the Universe). Humans have obviously not always been on this planet. We can disappear again. Having large populations claiming belief that "Jesus/God/Allah will save us" is, to say the very least, unhelpful in times like these.

What I can't understand is how Xianity is "still a thing" in the 21st century and why it is so widespread (still!) in this country. I particularly despise the idiotic idea that we should "respect other peoples' religious beliefs." I call bullshit. We give these idiots tax breaks to their chief mumblers (priests, imams, preachers, ministers, etc. sic nauseum), including property taxes on some of the finest properties in the country. All because they claim to believe in and have a following of believers in Medieval superstitious nonsense.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New And yet there they are
All around you and in positions of power. And somehow you believe that telling all of them they need to be medicated for the good of humanity is an effective way to win their votes.
--

Drew
New Win their votes? You think that's my goal? I want to remove their voting rights completely.
Edit:
The rule would be pretty simple. You belong to a cult that is immune from taxation? You don't get to vote.
bcnu,
Mikem

Expand Edited by mmoffitt Oct. 22, 2020, 10:24:20 AM EDT
New And how would you remove voting rights? (Hint: It involves winning many elections)
--

Drew
New Bigger Hint: Involves getting Americans to give up fantasies and delusions of grandeur.
Yeah, I know, good luck with that. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

New That's not politics then ... we talk about politics here in this forum
--

Drew
New Isn't that a Red-Herring? [Ed]
[Literal-minds send-up ..surely not Yours -- forgot the sarcasm-for-fun sign] ..rendering it merely silly.
Oh. Well.
Expand Edited by Ashton Oct. 24, 2020, 12:10:28 AM EDT
     Thank goodness the Democrats didn't bring up Coney Barrett's religion. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
         Wouldn't have worked - (drook) - (12)
             Are you a "Catholic" too? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                 You've just disqualified any Catholic from holding any office ever - (drook) - (2)
                     Nice, vapid rebuttal. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Et tu, Dufus -NT - (drook)
                 the 'logic' is OK, imagineering some more-Perfecter enviro in which to dwell, next.. - (Ashton) - (7)
                     Lest I leave the wrong impression, I have no special disdain for Catholics. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         And yet there they are - (drook) - (5)
                             Win their votes? You think that's my goal? I want to remove their voting rights completely. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 And how would you remove voting rights? (Hint: It involves winning many elections) -NT - (drook) - (3)
                                     Bigger Hint: Involves getting Americans to give up fantasies and delusions of grandeur. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         That's not politics then ... we talk about politics here in this forum -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             Isn't that a Red-Herring? [Ed] - (Ashton)

I have seen them...
104 ms