IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Scamming the scammers
Or in this case watching them. It was a tough call on which forum to put this into.

https://youtu.be/le71yVPh4uk

There are a variety of YouTube videos of people annoying scammers. I love the fact that when a scammer logs into someone's system that someone can then go take control of the scammer system. This leads to all kinds of interesting interactions.

This is a part one of a four-part series. Spoiler alert. They arrest the scammer at the end. And when I say scammer, I mean boss of a very large company doing it. In this particular series this guy breaks into their security system and for each call he gets the actual video of the scammer employees interacting with him. When they make fun of dying people it is just so wonderful. Not.

On the other hand, this guy is obviously doing things that are illegal. He breaks into their systems, takes control of their phones, initiates denial of service attacks, tracks down their finances by taking control of their accountant's desktop computer. On the other other hand, the BBC asked for his data and then followed it up and created a documentary on it. Which then triggered the head of an Indian district cyber crimes officer to then actually pursue it and arrest these people.

This is raw activism in its roughest form.
New Thanks! That was an interesting series.
To me, the amazing part is how he had access to all the TV cameras and synced up the recorded audios with them.

Sure explains how those scams work.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New The infrastructure of it is what's impressive/depressing
The individual calls, the script for it, are pretty low tech. If you get someone onto a page that triggers the popup, the rest is old-school boiler room fraud. The fact that it's so easy to do it from overseas reduces the chances of prosecution - you can't rely on a documentary TV crew to bust each one.

Although ... I've seen much worse "reality" shows. I'll bet if a crew spent 3 months doing takedowns like this they'd get a full season of shows more watchable than Tiger King. And for the season finale you could build to busting the ringleaders and freezing their accounts. I'd watch it.

Where do I submit a show idea to Netflix?
--

Drew
     Scamming the scammers - (crazy) - (2)
         Thanks! That was an interesting series. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             The infrastructure of it is what's impressive/depressing - (drook)

As diplomatic as an Italian politician...
80 ms