IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, if you're in the top 5 of any market,...
should not be able to buy (or merge with) any other company. Period!

That would prevent "to big to fail" companies from forming.

The companies that are already there need to be broken up in some sensible way.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Define "market"
The simpler idea avoids having to define that. Admittedly this allows the possibility that half the affected companies are in the same industry, and smaller industries can be dominated by a single player.

In those cases, one of the "too bigs" could probably finance a competitor from spare change.
--

Drew
New They generally have names like banking, social media, semiconductor industry, etc when they are...
written about. And, if they've been around a while, they often have "associations" that represent them in Washington.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Idea for preventing "too big to fail" - (drook) - (5)
         Main trouble - (Ashton) - (1)
             That's why I like the idea of pinning it on the top 20 (or 10 ... or 50) - (drook)
         Well, if you're in the top 5 of any market,... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Define "market" - (drook) - (1)
                 They generally have names like banking, social media, semiconductor industry, etc when they are... - (a6l6e6x)

The genius of it is that it was designed for any idiot to use.
61 ms