IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I put up a small memorial page for Ron Cobb
Some of you may know of him from his film work. In years long past he was a friend of mine. The page is at:

Ron Cobb
New Not so sure he was a friend. Just someone you knew.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Nope - friend, for quite a few years.
I was always welcome in his home and saw him at least every few weeks.

I have many memories, including the vampire cat, the "used ironing board cover" event, etc.
New Didn't he banish you from the CD group?
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Nope, that was Jon Lackey.
Ron Cobb encouraged me to start doing art, which I did. It was my art that broke Jon's fragile ego, causing him to banish me. The story is here:

Banished from CD.
New Ah, that was Ron/Jon mixup in my brain! :)
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New Dark Star! ..worth more than its pay-grade..
as a B-grade? sci-fi Send-up. Betting that an evening spent with Cobb would have been a Keeper, just replaying his role in the listed flics.
Lucky you.

Loved several of the sight gags but its enduring McGuffin is the "Smart Interstellar Bomb" and the 'conversation' evoking neither More -nor Less:
the Xian Genesis tale ... acted-out by an irascible cyber-AI voice. Petulantly!

(Have always thought that George Carlin would have liked it too.. ...)
     I put up a small memorial page for Ron Cobb - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
         Not so sure he was a friend. Just someone you knew. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             Nope - friend, for quite a few years. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 Didn't he banish you from the CD group? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Nope, that was Jon Lackey. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Ah, that was Ron/Jon mixup in my brain! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Dark Star! ..worth more than its pay-grade.. - (Ashton)

I slipped him a fin... on porpoise. I was feeling good. I even dropped a sanddollar in the box for Jerry's squids, for the halibut.
74 ms