IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Might be time for a new phone
My Pixel XL is starting to shut down when battery is still showing >10%. Just now I was looking at it at 17% and thinking, "I ought to plug in," and it died. And now that I plug it back in it's already showing 26%

I'm not going to get another flagship, the midrange - and some of the lower end - look plenty good. The one thing I'd hate to give up is the camera, which is really nice on this.

Anyone got a recommendation for a cheaper Android with a good camera? Or should I find someplace that they can replace the battery? Or is this a repairable software/monitoring issue?
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Oct. 6, 2020, 01:25:42 PM EDT
New The Pixel 4a is supposed to be pretty good.
I briefly looked at the Pixel 5, but Google is only offering $25 for my LG V35 as a trade-in. :-/ Plus, I'm used to the 3.5 mm jack and ability to add an SD card. And it looks like while the 5 has much smoother graphics, the CPU doesn't benchmark any faster than the SD845 I've got now.

Maybe pick a budget look around Swappa.com? I got Joan an iPhone XS a year or so ago after looking around there and a few other places before buying one on eBay (because it was practically new and had a boatload of storage).

I've used LG phones for ages and have had pretty good luck with them. They're cheap on the used market with good features, but LG is bad about updates. :-(

I've never gotten a phone repaired, though they apparently are very good about doing that now. But the XL is pretty old now - it's probably better to get something newer.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Looks like there was a known issue
Google was fixing/replacing them out of warranty because of this symptom. I'll have to check to see if that's still happening.
--

Drew
     Might be time for a new phone - (drook) - (3)
         The Pixel 4a is supposed to be pretty good. - (Another Scott)
         Re: Might be time for a new phone - (pwhysall)
         Looks like there was a known issue - (drook)

I'll give up my thesaurus when you pry it from my frigid, frosty, frozen, cadaverous, lifeless, stiff, defunct extremities.
73 ms