IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I wonder what happened 40 years ago that became a tipping point?
Let's see, 2020 - 40 = 1980. What happened in 1980?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New billy carter pee'd on an airliner?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Contract on America
Newt Gingrich
New That, and ...
The think tanks - Koch Bros. et al - decided to build a pipeline from the local races up to national. That's why national stories dominate even local races, because the local offices recruit candidates based on their adherence to the national platform first.

That's why I keep saying general elections are pragmatic exercises in us-vs-them power. Fixing the system happens in the 2 or 4 years in-between. The Repub machine has been working the system in the in-between years since the 80s.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Oct. 5, 2020, 04:40:17 PM EDT
New yeah, they have
The heritage foundation have correctly executed a long-term plan. They have the discipline, the money, and the people. The liberals merely react to try to fix what they think is wrong at the moment, but they have no long-term plan.

The only thing that the liberals can hope for is demographics. But the conservatives will spend as much money and time and effort as they need to suppress it. And they have the resources.
New Reagan's nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court.
Joe Biden was the chair of thee Senate Judiciary Committee.

Bork did not get approved.

Link: Robert Bork Supreme Court nomination

Bork became a verb.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     How hatred came to dominate American politics - (malraux) - (6)
         I wonder what happened 40 years ago that became a tipping point? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
             billy carter pee'd on an airliner? -NT - (boxley)
             Contract on America - (crazy) - (2)
                 That, and ... - (drook) - (1)
                     yeah, they have - (crazy)
             Reagan's nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court. - (a6l6e6x)

I am so upset that this clown of a woman figured out my SUPER PLAN TO SCAM MILLIONS FROM THE UNKNOWING BEANIE WORLD!
90 ms