IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reveal: about "Review" websites, especially Yelp
Possibly this is old news for the diligent amongst us?
Reveal

Host Al Letson speaks with Reveal’s Will Evans, who’s been able to gather a trove of injury data from Amazon warehouses that paints a very different picture from what the company tells lawmakers and the public.

Then, Reveal’s Jennifer Gollan reports on the most common type of injury at Amazon and other workplaces, and why the government chose not to try to prevent it.

We end with a story from Laura Sydell about online reviews of products and businesses and how many of them are not what they seem.

Book/Face has more than one group where Reviews are Sold & Bought (as if Zman gave a shit..)
YELP though is where so many of these transactions appear (unclear about its own competition for premeditated-Fake reports).

(Odd factoid: the scam-$$$ thus exacted are paid to the perps from..

... wait for it

Auckland NZ .... go figure.
In the land of the blind the one-eyed is [a bankrupt Failed real-estate salesman?]
Expand Edited by Ashton Sept. 26, 2020, 08:15:13 PM EDT
New I have had several calls from Yelp . . .
. . offering to help see that reviews "helped my business". I declined, telling them I'm trying to shut down this business and am not interested in any publicity.

Especially when you see a bunch of bad reviews accompanied by a batch of really good reviews, and not much in between, you can be pretty sure the good ones are fake.

I saw one that promised "top ranking on Google" that was getting really bad reviews. The owner asked everyone he knew to post a really good review. He gave them an example to work from. Every one of them just copied the example. Not a really effective campaign.
New Fortunately, the efforts that-simpleminded are obvious, but wtf-do with the others? except punt :-/
Expand Edited by Ashton Sept. 27, 2020, 09:17:53 PM EDT
     Reveal: about "Review" websites, especially Yelp - (Ashton) - (2)
         I have had several calls from Yelp . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Fortunately, the efforts that-simpleminded are obvious, but wtf-do with the others? except punt :-/ -NT - (Ashton)

Just playing with your LRPD addiction...
62 ms