IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New portable mobile internet
was thinking of working on week a month from my RV and am trying to figure out a good way to stay logged in via a vpn for 8 hours at a time. Talked with tmobile, they have a hot spot for $80 a month but I am sure others such a hughes.net have solutions as well. Need 10mbs connectivity to be useful
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Years ago, I used internet via Hughes satellite dish.
While the data rate may be adequate, you will get killed by the propagation delays. When you click on something that requires action at a website server the request goes 25K miles to the satellite, then it goes 25K miles to Hughes ground station and on to the internet and on the website server. Then the website server responds to your request and it goes to Hughes and then 25K miles to the satellite and then 25K miles back down to your computer. Speed of light is 186K/second and you've added over half a second to the response of the website server. Trust me you will more than notice the delay.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New thanks two things I found out
mifi is good and reasonably cheap for 1 week per month
A decent rv parking spot is $99 per night in tuscon in season but a really decent hotel is $80
so hotel it is to visit grankids
New How is a parking spot more than twice a mortgage?
--

Drew
New Probably isn't if they have a monthly rate
The mortgage is assuming you're paying over decades too.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New seasonal rate because of the snowbirds as well
     portable mobile internet - (boxley) - (5)
         Years ago, I used internet via Hughes satellite dish. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             thanks two things I found out - (boxley) - (3)
                 How is a parking spot more than twice a mortgage? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                     Probably isn't if they have a monthly rate - (malraux)
                     seasonal rate because of the snowbirds as well -NT - (boxley)

Put. The candle. Back!
82 ms