IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My bias.
When I hear "EU" I immediately think of Germany and France. I'd take Merkel or Macron over Johnson and Trump any day of the week. But I know what you're saying. The Extreme Right is rising the world over. That said, the parallels between the US and 1930's Germany are deeply unsettling and growing deeper every day (see, for instance, the recent whistle-blower complaint of Georgia's Mengele experiments). Worse, even at its height of strength the Nazi military paled in comparison with the US military of today. Lest we forget, the US remains the only nation in the history of the world to prove itself barbaric enough to use nuclear weapons, and not just on military targets. And not just once, so even after the atrocities of their use were laid plain for all to see, we used them again. Add in the UK's recent explicit statement of their intent to thwart international law and I maintain we (the US and UK) are still the worst of the worst, with the US by far the absolute worst.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New The UK and the US are not "the worst of the worst"
and to assert such is facile.

Belarus, for example, has recently incarcerated and tortured large numbers of opposition members and MPs, and is putting a sitting politician on trial (after having "disappeared" her for several weeks) for having the temerity to impugn the good name of an obviously bent-as-a-three-pound note election process.

The Nazis embarked on a programme of industrial, organised murder, resulting in the deaths of six million jews, slavs, roma, and others deemed to be inferior. The US dropped two nuclear bombs on a country that was ready to fight to the absolute death. The short-term deaths of some 250,000 people probably prevented the deaths of around ten million more, the likely outcome of a land invasion of Japan.

Come the fuck on, Mike. This comparison doesn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny.
New I don't count Belarus among Western Democracies.
>> The US dropped two nuclear bombs on a country that was ready to fight to the absolute death.
That's at least a misread of history. If you think we dropped those bombs to "end the war" then I encourage you to look up Japan's fear of a Soviet invasion and US concerns about that as well. The dropping of the bombs on Japan was a warning to the Soviets. It was commonly accepted that Japan would surrender, but our concern about the Soviet Union's occupation of a post-war Japan was the chief reason we dropped the bomb on Japanese cities.

FWIW, I didn't say we were as bad as Nazi Germany. I said the parallels were troubling. YMMV, but IMnsHO the differences between Nazi Germany and the US are one of degree only. If Trump is re-elected, who knows? We've already had torch carrying, swastika wearing brown shirts (or as our President refers to them, "very fine people") marching in our streets chanting "Jews will not replace us" and "Blood and soil." We have a US Attorney General recommending charging anyone who protests against these thugs and the policies they support with sedition. That doesn't sound to you like ending political opposition, just as the Nazis did? Trump has called anti-racism training programs "un-American" and sought to end racial sensitivity training for federal workers. I could go on, but you pay enough attention that I'm sure you'd have no trouble finding plenty of parallels.

I'm not saying the US is Germany 1934, but if Trump is re-elected, I would say we are a lot closer to Germany 1934 than many suspect. And I maintain that of the modern Western Democracies, the people of the US and UK have elected the worst governments Western Democracies have ever produced. Here we have a Cult of Personality that would make Stalin blush. Over there, you have a government flagrantly flouting international law. Even if you disagree that we are the worst, I cannot imagine anyone claiming that the US and UK are currently examples of the superiority of Western Democracy in achieving good government.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Of Coarse ..we WIN(!) the competition: having fallen-the-furthest from our hypocritically-false
'Ideals', our inbuilt-Jingoism and a raft of uncountable, smarmy /juvenile Language-murders daily uttered anew.

When a National brainz-collective imagines that a patent Crook, Racist, ____ Human, freighted with all. those.
lies. + countless atrocities is Lionized as, God Sent Him! and other such drivel:

There is no Competition here at all.
(How many Blighty folk TODAY imagine that The Queen Rules By Divine Right???
[Name both of them!]

Rest (this ugly) Case: We fucking-Own the Black-cup of Hemlock trophy, (crafted in pure freeze-dried Shit).

As to HOW? you FIX the dis-US ... ... .?. .??.
I recommend reading again the tale of Hercules and the Stables of King Augeas.
Then multiply that effort X1000. (I shan't ever see: even the beginning of the Beginning). Pity.
     So, how long until the EU decides to do something about us and the Brits? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
         goosesteppers will step up, matter of time -NT - (boxley)
         What makes you think it is any better in the EU? - (scoenye) - (4)
             My bias. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 The UK and the US are not "the worst of the worst" - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     I don't count Belarus among Western Democracies. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Of Coarse ..we WIN(!) the competition: having fallen-the-furthest from our hypocritically-false - (Ashton)

Considering that all you're risking is the $15 co-payment, there's no harm in giving him a shot at it.
47 ms