IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But that's the thing
No-one's going to.

So everyone with a vested interest in a weak America just has to sit around and wait for you guys to do the job yourselves. And, unfortunately, right now you have - by a country mile - the most stupid and guileless leader on the world stage. Johnson's doing his best to catch up, but he's got a long way to go.

I mean, I'm sure there are some countries with dafter, more malleable eejits in charge, but I can't think of any of note, and neither can you.
New How it might happen
The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy, nothing more. Just because they all hate us doesn't mean they can't hate each other more.

Suppose some of the smaller players in our various proxy wars -- Kurds, Turks, Syrians, etc. -- decide it's time to make a move regionally. They might decide that the U.S. is too distracted to respond forcefully, so they go after one of our bases that's there to keep a lid on things.

Their thinking could be, "If we take out the Americans, we can consolidate power before they can respond. By the time they get their act together, we'll already be the defacto power and can assert our rights in the U.N."

It's not about attacking the U.S. in order to defeat the U.S. It's about attacking the U.S. to defeat your enemy who the U.S. is protecting.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Sept. 10, 2020, 10:20:14 AM EDT
New Nah.
Look at Benghazi; a straight-up attack on US assets and people. That didn't unite shit.
New Indeed. It drove us further apart.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Like I said, "Assuming Trump is out of office."
Guess I should include "and the current crop of Republicans who think poking the Democrats is more important than running the country."
--

Drew
     Lordy, there's tapes. - (malraux) - (10)
         And some people are putting a ton of energy into criticizing Woodward for holding it - (drook)
         Let's see how he plays: "The Climate-matter-is-a hoax" ..any Day, next? - (Ashton)
         Doesn't mean anything to his people - (crazy) - (7)
             Putin must be pleased - (pwhysall) - (6)
                 All it takes is someone to be stupid enough to attack us - (drook) - (5)
                     But that's the thing - (pwhysall) - (4)
                         How it might happen - (drook) - (3)
                             Nah. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Indeed. It drove us further apart. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Like I said, "Assuming Trump is out of office." - (drook)

Those Pacific Island natives that have never met an outsider, and don't know about the outside world at all called. They said, "No shit, Sherlock."
73 ms