IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thank you /thank you: a Keeper. [Ed}.
Movin' pitchures w/ Sound! to boot. Nice that speech pathologists have Named the irritants--and this compact essay clarifies a bunch.

What I didn't see there, though:
some analysis of (what may also be an artifact of my hearing's particular frequency-graph du jour): young women whose 'fricatives' ... causes them to sound like Minnie Mouse. Impossible to be sure if It's Moi or: does anyone know what I mean /have heard this? It is as-if they are mixing a treble/falsetto into most words; producing near a bird-like Valley-speak irritation, in the jelloware.

Humans! ... even their mouth noises can irritate as much as communicate, (especially when we mix in some momentary pecksniffery).

PS: obviously you paid Attention in 'dialect class'. (In retrospect, I wish I'd attended such, early-on); imagine the advantage, even: in just normal debating tactics! But one must never stoop to Menace-ware pure-Nastiness re an opponent's speech impediment--advice that only such as a Menace (could not even understand). We're sometimes Lucky via his auto-destruct pig-ignorance made visible; alas--his Base *feeds on it. Thus {still} may KIll Us All.

* I ƒeare that this IS the Damocles' Sword overhanging the entire Planet: Iggerance writ Large, en masse. :-/
Expand Edited by Ashton Aug. 21, 2020, 04:32:40 PM EDT
     Let us salute Michelle Obama, perhaps the wisest speaker of them all. Eh? - (Ashton) - (66)
         She was great. Really excellent speech. -NT - (Another Scott) - (65)
             It was a good speech, but come on. It wasn't "great." Let's not oversell. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (64)
                 Caviling? ... - (Ashton) - (62)
                     It wasn't a "We will fight them on the beaches" speech. - (mmoffitt) - (61)
                         Man, the things you let yourself get hung up on ... -NT - (drook)
                         She had a dry mouth. - (crazy) - (49)
                             I said it was a good speech. - (mmoffitt) - (46)
                                 On same-page re the 'grating' but, - (Ashton)
                                 Your're pretty sensitive for a guy who . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     I've spent a little time studying Trotsky's last days. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Reasonable point on recording - (crazy) - (1)
                                     Who TF does that? - (mmoffitt)
                                 It's not lazy and it's only grating to ... - (crazy)
                                 You don't understand accents or dialect - (pwhysall) - (39)
                                     Interesting comparison ie: BBC News reader - (crazy) - (2)
                                         Took a dialect class during my year as a drama major - (drook)
                                         Many years have passed since we spoke... - (pwhysall)
                                     I swear I'd not read this until moments ago. But I've a Pulitzer Prize winner on my side. - (mmoffitt) - (35)
                                         Still missing the main point - (drook) - (20)
                                             He's made it clear - (crazy) - (19)
                                                 Would that be... - (malraux)
                                                 s/fear/aversion. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                                     And the reason for the aversion is? - (crazy) - (16)
                                                         What Weingarten said. "...no English word should be pronounced with a “shtr” sound." -NT - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                             Have you heard him speak? - (pwhysall) - (14)
                                                                 Heh. "Criticizing her." Because I said her speech was good? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                                     You damned with faint praise and then went on with insults. -NT - (crazy)
                                                                     That's not all you said - (drook) - (11)
                                                                         I replied to Box, below re 'Language Itself' This for you: - (Ashton)
                                                                         IT IS *NOT* A DIALECT ISSUE. DIALECTS ARE TIED TO REGIONS OR GROUPS OF PEOPLE. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                                             what about frogtalking? woman rasping like a frog on purpose not regional put epidemic -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                 Vocal fry - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                     Thank you /thank you: a Keeper. [Ed}. - (Ashton)
                                                                             Lighten up, Francis - (drook) - (5)
                                                                                 Because he needs to find fault to feel superior - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                     Yeah. Right. I *feel* proper pronunciation is important. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     C'mon crazy: 'Projection' is reserved /expected from the forces of The Menace, not the sentient. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                 Ha. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                     Because the 4th is *also true* -NT - (drook)
                                         Re: I swear I'd not read this until moments ago. But I've a Pulitzer Prize winner on my side. - (boxley) - (5)
                                             (I use 'thee and thou'; I don't confusicate Stuff with Schtuff and I still think doing-so: Sch-ucks - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                 Speaking of which... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                     Heh! never þought I Be prescient.. but feels nice ever to be a þorn ..in any Repoþ's jelloware :-) - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                         I don't watch much TV of any sort these days. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             Just informing is all: no need to proselytize re authentic virtuosi, I wot.:-) -NT - (Ashton)
                                         Well, are you sure this isn't actually restoration . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                                             English is more like Scandinavian than German - (malraux) - (6)
                                                 English is a thieving language. - (static) - (2)
                                                     That has always been the way English works. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                         ..and that's a Keeper too; your encyclopædia Rocks - (Ashton)
                                                 I wrote "Germanic", not German. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                 Going the other way - (scoenye) - (1)
                                                     I recall reading that the King's / Queen's English . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                             Nice.. I'd missed your subtle, obvious point. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Rosalynn Carter is class through and through. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         wat - (pwhysall) - (9)
                             We stopped taking lessons from you lot over two centuries ago. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Y'all can believe that if you like - (pwhysall)
                             Also. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                 pronounce it like its spelled, lout -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                     I was being a smartass. You know the Brits have a different word for it, right? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         no, you spelled it wrong as well -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Not here or in Canada. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 so proper speech depends on locale? good to know -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Oui. Da. ¡Si! Sehrgut, as in ... Duh: Matey, Señor .. ... -NT - (Ashton)
                 Yeah, and tRump said it was not live but pre-recorded. - (a6l6e6x)

Our job is to take as much of the beer flavor out of the water as we can without getting a customer revolt.
84 ms