IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: I swear I'd not read this until moments ago. But I've a Pulitzer Prize winner on my side.
that is not a plus
that cite is a great example of one hand fapping.

people(s) vocabulary and pronunciation is an evolving thing. There is no purity thee and thou, I have not heard you use those in a sentence.

go ahead, axe me another
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New (I use 'thee and thou'; I don't confusicate Stuff with Schtuff and I still think doing-so: Sch-ucks
The SOUND is--to these ears--still fucking-Grating, whoever makes that SOUND.
(And no: there exists no digi-think Algorithm which Can home-in-on all causes of Irritation, 'Granularly')
(Another word killed: 'Incredible'--used to mean the-exact Opposite! GRATES--wherever heard), now: incessantly..

Whittle away at Language--at your peril--ignore Confucius' concluding warning--posted here n-times way-back:
Hence it matters above all else--that Language be Correct.

(Say something Critical Wrongly) and *today a Nuke can be Launched, followed-by ...
* more precisely This Day: The Menace would launch-in-a-trice; he has Zero-knowledge of what that MEANS.

tl;dr: ENUNCIATE! ..and screw the stupid judgmentalism of accent-favoritism.
New Speaking of which...
DeLong has been using thorns in most of his headlines the last couple of weeks.

https://www.bradford-delong.com/

Loomis; American Fascism: þis Is þe Real Thing—Noted

Hehe.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Heh! never þought I Be prescient.. but feels nice ever to be a þorn ..in any Repoþ's jelloware :-)
Have to hit DeLong, for good stabs at Scale&Relativity from authentic Histpries. Pity that the vox pop would be so unable to follow; it's togh realizing that, for recognizing 'perspicuit' you Are an outler

Query: have you tuned in Amanpour, yet? fwiw

Methinks she's channeleing Edward R. Murrow and perhaps (the best of past iconic-Commentators) ... reliably.
She + truly virtuoso cohorts waste nary a syllable; her body-language reflects via intellect+emotion: and offers nuance
to the Big-questions of ilk, say "just How Bad Is ___?" Menaces, local and worldwide, ever tempering her syntax to
..not pissing off an obvious-Idiot that she even implies, "you're an Idiot".

aka I go there first, just to save the time of deciding which next alternates can supply more detail than an hour can.

Noted also: the Replies to many a bombshell NYT blurb have offered up some incisive, discerning quotables.
Sentience is where you find it (but CNN not so much).

Carrion ..it ripens hourly now, becoming ever denser in that microphone-->W.H sewer effluence complex.
Expand Edited by Ashton Aug. 22, 2020, 12:41:47 AM EDT
New I don't watch much TV of any sort these days.
If it's on, it's usually HGTV or similar.

I'll have to check her out. I know you've mentioned her interviews many times here. :-)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Just informing is all: no need to proselytize re authentic virtuosi, I wot.:-)
     Let us salute Michelle Obama, perhaps the wisest speaker of them all. Eh? - (Ashton) - (66)
         She was great. Really excellent speech. -NT - (Another Scott) - (65)
             It was a good speech, but come on. It wasn't "great." Let's not oversell. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (64)
                 Caviling? ... - (Ashton) - (62)
                     It wasn't a "We will fight them on the beaches" speech. - (mmoffitt) - (61)
                         Man, the things you let yourself get hung up on ... -NT - (drook)
                         She had a dry mouth. - (crazy) - (49)
                             I said it was a good speech. - (mmoffitt) - (46)
                                 On same-page re the 'grating' but, - (Ashton)
                                 Your're pretty sensitive for a guy who . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     I've spent a little time studying Trotsky's last days. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Reasonable point on recording - (crazy) - (1)
                                     Who TF does that? - (mmoffitt)
                                 It's not lazy and it's only grating to ... - (crazy)
                                 You don't understand accents or dialect - (pwhysall) - (39)
                                     Interesting comparison ie: BBC News reader - (crazy) - (2)
                                         Took a dialect class during my year as a drama major - (drook)
                                         Many years have passed since we spoke... - (pwhysall)
                                     I swear I'd not read this until moments ago. But I've a Pulitzer Prize winner on my side. - (mmoffitt) - (35)
                                         Still missing the main point - (drook) - (20)
                                             He's made it clear - (crazy) - (19)
                                                 Would that be... - (malraux)
                                                 s/fear/aversion. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                                     And the reason for the aversion is? - (crazy) - (16)
                                                         What Weingarten said. "...no English word should be pronounced with a “shtr” sound." -NT - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                             Have you heard him speak? - (pwhysall) - (14)
                                                                 Heh. "Criticizing her." Because I said her speech was good? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                                     You damned with faint praise and then went on with insults. -NT - (crazy)
                                                                     That's not all you said - (drook) - (11)
                                                                         I replied to Box, below re 'Language Itself' This for you: - (Ashton)
                                                                         IT IS *NOT* A DIALECT ISSUE. DIALECTS ARE TIED TO REGIONS OR GROUPS OF PEOPLE. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                                             what about frogtalking? woman rasping like a frog on purpose not regional put epidemic -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                 Vocal fry - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                     Thank you /thank you: a Keeper. [Ed}. - (Ashton)
                                                                             Lighten up, Francis - (drook) - (5)
                                                                                 Because he needs to find fault to feel superior - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                     Yeah. Right. I *feel* proper pronunciation is important. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     C'mon crazy: 'Projection' is reserved /expected from the forces of The Menace, not the sentient. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                 Ha. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                     Because the 4th is *also true* -NT - (drook)
                                         Re: I swear I'd not read this until moments ago. But I've a Pulitzer Prize winner on my side. - (boxley) - (5)
                                             (I use 'thee and thou'; I don't confusicate Stuff with Schtuff and I still think doing-so: Sch-ucks - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                 Speaking of which... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                     Heh! never þought I Be prescient.. but feels nice ever to be a þorn ..in any Repoþ's jelloware :-) - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                         I don't watch much TV of any sort these days. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             Just informing is all: no need to proselytize re authentic virtuosi, I wot.:-) -NT - (Ashton)
                                         Well, are you sure this isn't actually restoration . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                                             English is more like Scandinavian than German - (malraux) - (6)
                                                 English is a thieving language. - (static) - (2)
                                                     That has always been the way English works. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                         ..and that's a Keeper too; your encyclopædia Rocks - (Ashton)
                                                 I wrote "Germanic", not German. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                 Going the other way - (scoenye) - (1)
                                                     I recall reading that the King's / Queen's English . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                             Nice.. I'd missed your subtle, obvious point. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Rosalynn Carter is class through and through. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         wat - (pwhysall) - (9)
                             We stopped taking lessons from you lot over two centuries ago. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Y'all can believe that if you like - (pwhysall)
                             Also. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                 pronounce it like its spelled, lout -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                     I was being a smartass. You know the Brits have a different word for it, right? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         no, you spelled it wrong as well -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Not here or in Canada. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                 so proper speech depends on locale? good to know -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Oui. Da. ¡Si! Sehrgut, as in ... Duh: Matey, Señor .. ... -NT - (Ashton)
                 Yeah, and tRump said it was not live but pre-recorded. - (a6l6e6x)

Reese's Pieces? Am I in a different pit this time?
82 ms