IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Government won't stop XP
According to an article in the LA Times business section (9 Aug 01) the DoJ and states will not seek to stop shipment of Windows XP (unless they change their mind).

The logic is that the proof of damage is too hard to do in the limited time available (production to the OEMs in September).

The government also noted that the PC industry is claiming they need XP to bring them out of the slump, and the DoJ doesn't particularly want to be blamed for the slump, they'd rather let the slump continue on its own.

Of course, Microsoft getting more anti-trust violations out on the street gives the DoJ more leverage for asking harsh penalties than if XP had been halted, which a judge might credit as "time already served".
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New A Perhaps I heard today....
Perhaps the government WANTS them to ship XP.. so they can say to the District Court.. "Look at what they did AFTER they were convicted! Burn them!"

I kind of like that concept.. and hope that it might be right. :)

It does show what little regard Microsoft has for the court system - even to the people who overlook those little perjuries in the last case....

Addison
New Cure slump my ascii
The sales of PC's with XP will test the collective intelligence of the public.

Stupid people will buy PC's with XP.

I am not optimistic.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New The public...
The sales of PC's with XP will test the collective intelligence of the public.

The public tends to fail such tests. Why would this one be any different?
jb4

(Resistance is not futile...)
New Could there be a pattern here?
I posit that Muricans relish being snookered, more than any other identifiable group.

HL Mencken - beloved Curmudgeon who mainly pointed out our absurdities. P.T. Barnum - the suckers never slowed, even after being ID'd. W.C. Fields.. no philanthrope he. Geritol, Hadacol ... Pet Rocks, $500 speaker cables (!) made with OFHC copper + snake oil, Hum-Vees and on and on

Now Billy. (Bally may not yet be recognized by many, less'n that video clip runs after, As the World Churns, for a week or so.)

If his strategy is some facsimile of what has been suggested and.. he stays out of jail for contempt of court.. and proceeds to screw everyone in all orifices, over next x-years:

He'll be Gigantic Murican Hero.. all while possessing none of the talent, charisma or even a fraction of the sheer intellectual joy (of an H.L.M., say) - of any of these giants of bamboozling (or reporters thereof).

Is there any better explanation of the ongoing idiocy,

(while Wall St. reports ~ $2B thus far and ongoing - for Code Red wasted labor AND even - this time! - mentions IIS as the Achilles heel of it all..) Yet .. a million or so may well buy into XP, right away?

better than that:

Muricans just love to get screwed - and the More the screwing: the More they admire... *love* the screwer!

All reasonable alternatives will be considered,

A.
New Always amused...
...at your seeming inability to recognize Americans as simply human

The pattern you describe occurs as well in "An Enemy Of The People", however, the earliest pattern I could discover for the same behavior would be the Jews who, when freed from slavary, longed to go back to it
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Humans are pack animals . . .
. . thus can have only a few leaders. Most simply seek the most powerful leader to follow and do what they are told. That keeps order in the pack.

There's no sense in being upset about it, it's just a fact of nature, as natural as the fact that women find men of wealth and power extremely sexually attractive (and deny it to themselves and to everyone else).

Of course one sees this mainly in one's own country, and presumes it isn't like that in other countries.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Government won't stop XP - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
         A Perhaps I heard today.... - (addison)
         Cure slump my ascii - (wharris2) - (4)
             The public... - (jb4) - (3)
                 Could there be a pattern here? - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Always amused... - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                         Humans are pack animals . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

It's a lady. No it's not. Her hair is E.T.
76 ms