IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Must be nice.
USPS deliveries up here are all kinds of messed up. We've had to repeatedly chase down packages that were going to the wrong PO or just sitting somewhere.

Removing underutilized sorting machines just before they will probably need to be utilized can't wait until after the election and has to suddenly be done now?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New must be a regional thing, of course I am not in a high density urban setting
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Our mail comes via Pontiac
Regards,
-scott
New pontiac concerns, apparently pontiac sorts a buttton of mail
apparently no one checked with the post office before setting mailing deadlines
https://www.clickondetroit.com/decision-2020/2020/08/15/usps-cannot-guarantee-michigans-mail-in-votes-will-arrive-in-time-to-be-counted/
The Postal Service sent Benson’s office a letter that said Michigan’s vote-by-mail laws are “incongruous” with USPS standards and that the ballot deadlines create a mismatch with delivery.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New They took 2 sorting machines from Pontiac
The bar code printing machines in Detroit were running at capacity. They're adding shifts to handle the volume and taking machines away at the same time. Doesn't seem reasonable.

They're also talking about removing parcel handling machinery which seems ridiculous on the face of it given the upcoming holiday season on top of the much higher package delivery volume from the pandemic.
Regards,
-scott
New Stop lying
The machines they're taking away were underutilized. Boxley said so. WDYHASM?
--

Drew
New To be fair, that's what the union reps are saying.
But having seen a direct effect on our mail delivery here, I don't doubt it.
Regards,
-scott
New You know who is? Likely Democratic voters. I'm sure that's a coincidence.
--

Drew
     what a blatant hypocrite! - (lincoln) - (67)
         Probably using his own sorting machine too... - (scoenye) - (43)
             'Impeachment' ..a disused word about to be removed from the O.E.D. - (Ashton) - (42)
                 She's calling them back. - (mmoffitt) - (41)
                     hard to figure the whole issue with mail in ballots - (boxley) - (40)
                         No - (drook) - (36)
                             ✓✓ (GMTA) -NT - (Ashton)
                             Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington State, where all voting is postal - (boxley) - (34)
                                 Are you stupid or pretending? - (drook) - (33)
                                     hardly please explain how you would run the post office - (boxley) - (31)
                                         Must be nice. - (malraux) - (7)
                                             must be a regional thing, of course I am not in a high density urban setting -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                 Our mail comes via Pontiac -NT - (malraux) - (4)
                                                     pontiac concerns, apparently pontiac sorts a buttton of mail - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         They took 2 sorting machines from Pontiac - (malraux) - (2)
                                                             Stop lying - (drook) - (1)
                                                                 To be fair, that's what the union reps are saying. - (malraux)
                                                 You know who is? Likely Democratic voters. I'm sure that's a coincidence. -NT - (drook)
                                         By not sabotaging it - (drook) - (3)
                                             Re: By not sabotaging it - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Re: By not sabotaging it - (malraux)
                                                 Re: By not sabotaging it - (drook)
                                         You don't cripple them with the 75-year pension requirement - (crazy) - (18)
                                             got a link to show that the pension requirement was a republican requirement? -NT - (boxley) - (17)
                                                 What's the point? - (crazy)
                                                 Re: got a link to show that the pension requirement was a republican requirement? - (malraux) - (15)
                                                     Now Box admits he was wrong in 3 ... 2 ... oh who am I kidding? -NT - (drook)
                                                     thank you, acknowledged -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                                                         Seems less like deliberate sabotage and more like convenient target for something unrelated - (malraux) - (1)
                                                             at a glance it looks like a union members wet dream, why I thought it wasnt republican -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Receipt of information or that you are wrong? -NT - (crazy) - (2)
                                                             both why? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 Because you make silly arguments based on a glance - (crazy)
                                                         SIMPLEST factoid of which you seem (also) emotionally-unaware - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                             The USPS is a Federally mandated SERVICE yes it is - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                 some good ideas on how to enable better stewardship of the postal service (longish read) - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     So you googled and read for a bit - (crazy)
                                                     So, are y'all proud of how well you danced to his Gish Gallop tune there? -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                         Still waiting for official reply: Why'd Norm & Bryce get the treatment they did, but not the BOx? -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                             Re: Still waiting for official reply: Why'd Norm & Bryce get the treatment they did, but not the BOx - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                 Yeah I kinda draw the line at implied violence and off-the-hinge stalking/harassment - (malraux)
                                     A: Yes, he is. -NT - (CRConrad)
                         Absentee ballot requests are way up this year. - (malraux) - (2)
                             That's because Democrats are liberal. Republicans are opposite. Not conservative, illiberal. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Not quite-Right enough: These are REACTIONARIES; the word ''conservative' ..was brutally murdered. - (Ashton)
         well when you have to vote in NY NJ and florida, hard to do in person -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             And not in Scotland? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 YOU keep my ancestral home out of this! - (mmoffitt)
         DeJoy said they're postponing the changes until after the election - (malraux) - (19)
             "Oops, did someone keep pulling sorting machines? Guess they didn't get the memo." -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 (General Patton said that a bit more forcefully). -NT - (Ashton)
             Multiple reports of damage - (crazy) - (12)
                 Any idea what kind of manpower each one replaces? - (drook) - (9)
                     No - (crazy)
                     Capacity is almost 10 pieces/second - (scoenye) - (7)
                         What about database lookups and printing on the envelope? - (crazy) - (6)
                             You need to write a brief explainer - (drook) - (5)
                                 I haven't cracked open my laltop in about a year - (crazy) - (4)
                                     Consolidated and combined a few things - (drook) - (3)
                                         Does the job -NT - (crazy) - (1)
                                             Twatted - (drook)
                                         WAPO just came out with a similar thing, fewer numbers though - (malraux)
                 That equipment is impressive. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     I was on the supply side - (crazy)
             Dallas tried to put them back online - and failed - (scoenye) - (3)
                 Oopsie! -NT - (drook)
                 As I said - (crazy)
                 Just heard: House gets a whack at D'Joy next week (gloves off, one hopes) -NT - (Ashton)

I could go on Oprah touting his evilness. Write articles. I would be famous. Fat, but famous.
93 ms