IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Radiolab/npr does [ I. Q. ] today--from the beginning: a history since Stanford-Binet roamed.. Halls

The Miseducation of Larry P

Are some ideas so dangerous we shouldn’t even talk about them?
In this four-part special series, Radiolab looks at the measuring of human intelligence with I.Q. tests. Turns out, the tests are all around us. In the workplace. The criminal justice system. Even the NFL. And they’re massive in schools. More than a million U.S. children are I.Q. tested every year. In this first episode the show goes to the state of California, where it is off-limits to administer an I.Q. test to a child if he or she is Black. That’s because of a little-known case called Larry P. v. Riles that, in the 1970s, put the I.Q. test itself on trial.

{cough} ... So much of this voyage was unencumbered by the meme, Confirmation Bias ..ya-Think?
(So Glad that: I didn't get My Number (more than once)--until I'd learned enough to sneer at the entire
Dumbth-with-a-Number).
* Just the Idea that you Can do a reductio absurdum --> to ONE Fucking Number-thing? is absurd on Inspection.
Is that a tautology ..enough? /confirmation-bias-as-a-Way of Liff.

Carrion ..sometimes it's your IQ.
New very interesting podcast, tying measurement of people to eugenics at its worst
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Umm ... what would "eugenics at its best" look like?
--

Drew
New IF Republican parents THEN abort UNLESS: [there's the Rub]
New study of human genetic engineering
https://www.history.com/topics/germany/eugenics
Modern eugenics, more often called human genetic engineering, has come a long way—scientifically and ethically—and offers hope for treating many devastating genetic illnesses.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Neatly concise; we have come a long Way since Mengele--(well, up to ~2015-2020) ..maybe longer-->
Expand Edited by Ashton Aug. 30, 2020, 01:08:42 AM EDT
     Radiolab/npr does [ I. Q. ] today--from the beginning: a history since Stanford-Binet roamed.. Halls - (Ashton) - (5)
         very interesting podcast, tying measurement of people to eugenics at its worst -NT - (boxley) - (4)
             Umm ... what would "eugenics at its best" look like? -NT - (drook) - (3)
                 IF Republican parents THEN abort UNLESS: [there's the Rub] -NT - (Ashton)
                 study of human genetic engineering - (boxley) - (1)
                     Neatly concise; we have come a long Way since Mengele--(well, up to ~2015-2020) ..maybe longer--> -NT - (Ashton)

Right-eous-ness cha cha cha.
78 ms