(Thanks for a thoughtful reply, shall attempt some reciprocity)
No argument re the annoyance of such repetitive non-Pearls before not-Swine; a kinda parable does come to mind, though:

Gurdjieff (the Russky mystic) had his band of Followers--he also took steps to ensure their sustenance, food etc. along the Way--sometimes omitted by other charismatic folks-with-motives. Specifically: there was a member who utterly Pissed-Off most of the others. (I forget his other attributes, but lying seemed a biggie). When confronted--even by G about that, his riposte was, "but then.. I never lie!" {Great Hastur!--how near-to our Menace can another get? (a Drumpf-clan forebear!? just occurred to moi}.

Turns out that G. PAID him to remain (but G. was not in habit of simplistically helping the troops to fantasize) by clearly explaining his motives, as a sop? to the lazy-minded who were There.. to Not-Be that way. Safe to say that he deemed the Irritation-factor to be ..another part of his teaching method. But it seemed to work, as n of his students went on to be ..say, Insightful in psych- and psyche matters.

Presumably our troops /troupe? did not stay around for any reasons near to G's, while my attitude towards the 'utility' of excessive(?) tolerance is irrelevant. I consider that view--Because! it is hard to bear. But nobody else need share that (mere) possibility of better-stifling one's er, inner-Nazi--always bent on strife; aka,
Is strife the cause? or effect? of testosterone poisoning--guess I'm trying to find out.

And neither of us has the slightest knowledge of whatever Box-'events' all-along? created this local-persona
(let alone his reasons for persisting: against 'Our' knee-jerk responses to Irritants), Right?
Hey! ..might as well derive from his own 'psychologically-valid' teaching? Testing!? ..or just being entertained, Eh?
What-if he's the sharpest knife in the Drawer?
Rest case.

Carrion .. sometimes it shares a bunk in the Perplexity cave.