IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New THIS measures exactly: our nearness-next to Insurrection, I wot.
cf. my post below re 'Education'--but it's on the higher-Scale of: What's? Next..?? and what
Should? the remaining-Sane be actively Planning-for
..as the Evil Forces escalate their fascist agenda e x p o n e n t i a l l y ..as we speak.

Just 'Sayin, because: the Mad-Hatter-in-his-cups is guaranteeing escalation which demands
no Lesser/ 'civilly-Nice' response from the 330M fellow inmates of this crumbling asylum.

Ed: PS I'd suggest that you upload (a bit longer..version) this Tale--to whichever place is collecting Examples to be brought face-to-face with Congresscritters of all stripes.
Really! Even your typ. minimalist-Unix report is devastating in All its Implications--can be well-understood even by those with a Drumpf-vocabulary limitation. Please at least ponder this?
Expand Edited by Ashton July 24, 2020, 07:45:00 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Ashton July 25, 2020, 05:10:43 PM EDT
New will be sending a redacted email to the governor comissioner of mdes and local news
asking for an explanation of the vig
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New :-)
New sent to governor mdes and local news outlet
Good Morning,
My daughter iss 22 years old uneducated, single with 2 small children. She finally started out to work on her own as an oil change tech then a housekeeper at gulfcoast hotels then Covid19 Struck. She applied for unemployment and naturally was not eligible for regular unemployment but was granted the federal cares act amount of $600 weekly which allowed her to keep her head above water. The other day she received the following message, I have attached a redacted copy to this email.

It had been determined that all 7 weeks she had been paid was considered an overpayment ($4200) So the state of Mississippi requires repayment of all funds. I don't understand why but if not allowed should be repaid. However I have a real issue with the following statement.

The Mississippi Department Of Employment security has determined that you owe $10,346.00 includes principle, interest and process costs.

That amount is usurious beyond usury. I am including a local news outlet to see if my daughter is not the only one being dealt with in this way and I find it interesting that it happens just days before the program ends.

Governor I don't expect a specific reply, just an assurance to look to make sure that the process if fair and equitable and to see where the amount of more than double what was owed came from.

thank you for your time.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Fingers crossed + experience:
I'd go so far as.. given its brevity and its Al Punte at root: you just might hear from The Gov. :-)

But.. as my Mater oft said, "You can't get blood out of a turnip".
And I have experience of when THEY make Mistreaks--overpaying for Example--at least in CA (though Soc-Sec is obv. Fed.) ... you can pay-back-as-Possible, and apparently with so trivial an amount as ... to be a very. long. time.

Do look into how That works: their initial dunning-threats omit that aspect--but IME, on phone--you CAN work out a deal; mainly they Do [tacitly] recognize that THEY screwed-up and if you used the windfall already, surely a common result: they don't even try the, "put 'em in the stocks outside the Courthouse" shtik.
However, this IS the Menace-dominated End-times :-/ so YMMV
New Similar situation in VT.
In Picking Up Work Here and There, Many Miss Out on Unemployment Check
For millions of people, making a living is a cobbled-together proposition. That leaves a hole in the safety net when things turn bad.

o o o

The economic shock quickly exposed the mismatch between the reality of making a living in 2020 America and the systems built to protect workers. People who rely on paychecks from different employers are already more likely to have shifting schedules and unpredictable weekly paychecks, low hourly wages and the absence of benefits like sick days and health insurance. They are also more likely to be Black, young and without a college degree.

And when hard times hit, they are excluded from regular state unemployment benefits.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Something does not compute
I don't deal with Vermont's unemployment eligibility determinations but AFAIK, the system here is not that onerous. Wages from all jobs are included. Something is missing from the article to make sense of why they used this example in the way they did.
New You possess the Chops--care to pulse the Writer on exactly that allegation? join War-on-Disinfo! ;^>
New I think it is that no job was at least 40 hours.
Annie Frodeman often worked 40 hours a week or more — full time by most lights. She just worked them at two jobs.
She was working two part-time jobs.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New That sounds unlikely
Wages of all sources are combined to determine eligibility. Hours and number of employers do not directly play into it. {If only full-time workers qualified, half the state would be eligible for ANFC the second they lose a job. VT is a rural state and small farms are going the way of the dodo. Chittenden county, with Burlington as the center, is the only area with a growing economic base. The other 13 counties are generally in precarious condition. If Canada ever opens the maple sugar spigot, we'll really be hurtin'.)

Reasons for disqualification: not having worked 4 consecutive quarters in an 18 month base period, not having at least one quarter above a minimum income amount, or having the income of the lowest quarter being less than 40% of the highest quarter.

The floor is tied to the minimum wage and is now $2386. (At $10.50/hour, that comes to ~17 hrs/week.)

Based on the information available, she likely fell short of the base period. But I think that limitation is similar nationwide as it is part of the pay-as-you-go system. (Other possibility is the 40% trap, but then it looks like one of the jobs is way overstated.)

Gory details. They are accurate. I didn't link to the VT DOL because that involves downloading a PDF.

(Sad thing is that, overall, I do agree with their premise that the gig crap is toxic and it further undermines whatever is left of any safety nets. It's just that they could have picked a better fitting example, even in VT.)
New Yep, no mention of 40 hours.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yeah ..we are drowned in uncountable [N+] recursive GOTCHA!s ... with few brains in sight or sound.
This has the makings of an astronomically expanded Dr. Louis Slotin* caper--be very afraid.

" He whose scerwdriver slipped on that near-Critical pile of U blocks.
But.. he had the decency, brains + guts to tell people to stand. there! (where they were), as he scribbled 'distances': knowing he WAS DeadManTalking-fershure.

(The Beginning or the End was a B&W contemporary movie) ... meaning that: the unwashed got at least a verisimilitude-of:
h.t.f. "critical mass" begets Fission (no matter What you'd had in mind--kinda like COVID), eh?

Time is Nature's illusion that, everything isn't happening at Once. Actually, it Is.
(But our beta-experimental-brainz aren't big enough to contain both 'cases', I wot)
     some more financial knee on the necks of the poor. - (boxley) - (21)
         Attaching fines and fees because of *their* overpayment is so much wrong -NT - (drook)
         That sucks! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         THIS measures exactly: our nearness-next to Insurrection, I wot. - (Ashton) - (11)
             will be sending a redacted email to the governor comissioner of mdes and local news - (boxley) - (10)
                 :-) -NT - (Ashton) - (9)
                     sent to governor mdes and local news outlet - (boxley) - (8)
                         Fingers crossed + experience: - (Ashton)
                         Similar situation in VT. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                             Something does not compute - (scoenye) - (4)
                                 You possess the Chops--care to pulse the Writer on exactly that allegation? join War-on-Disinfo! ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
                                 I think it is that no job was at least 40 hours. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                     That sounds unlikely - (scoenye) - (1)
                                         Yep, no mention of 40 hours. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             Yeah ..we are drowned in uncountable [N+] recursive GOTCHA!s ... with few brains in sight or sound. - (Ashton)
         That's fucked. -NT - (jake123)
         update, I never heard back from anyone - (boxley) - (5)
             I wonder how many just paid it -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 how many unemployed have 10.3k in their back pocket? - (boxley) - (1)
                     Exactly that -NT - (drook)
             This is a common solution mode. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Understandable, that. (One worries about those who lack the skill-set) to Engage successfully :-/ -NT - (Ashton)

?
136 ms