IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Baileyball!
I may have to buy this book. Excerpted in Slate, which maintains a paywall. You people know how to elude these at need. A few choice passages:
We all stared at the ball.

The ball was a giant plastic sphere at least 10 feet in diameter. It resembled the kind of thing you stuck a hamster in, except this ball was scaled for a human. A human who would, by virtue of being willing to climb inside, presumably possess an intellect comparable to that very same hamster.

As it loomed in front of us, I considered myself fortunate I was still employed as a water slide attendant, not a 16-year-old inspector of giant ball safety.

“Go on and get in the ball, Frank,” my father said.

Frank was apparently an employee of the resort’s wintertime operations. I had never seen him before. Depending on what my father had planned, I might never see him again.

“Once you’re in the ball, Frank,” Gene said, “you’re going to roll along that track …”

“I don’t think—”

“Don’t worry,” my father said, acting as though climbing into a giant ball was routine. “You’ll roll along the track and come to a gentle stop. You get in there and try it out and we’ll take it for a spin when the ride inspectors come.”

Before Frank could protest further, my father handed him a 100 dollar bill. Frank stared at the cash, temporarily placated. He opened a hatch on the ball and peered inside. Charlie O’Brien and Big Al Lazier, my father’s dependable but not strictly sober maintenance men, helped him in. Once Frank was strapped to the seat, the two began rolling him around the grass like they were bored children playing with a toy.

“You’re not gonna find this at Disney,” my father said, beaming.

Rarely did he stop to consider there might be a very good reason for that.
Hilarity ensues, though not for Frank.

cordially,
New Wassup with the URL; is this IWT's default when you forget to give one?
The first link, denoted by "this book", is http://forum.iwethey.org/forum/post/434993/the_URL. IWT rightly replies "This page doesn't exist."

And I think another one I stumbled across just recently, http://forum.iwethey.org/forum/post/434619/the_URL, was also by you.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Hmmm. Will look at these
Sorry for the dodgy links.

remorsefully,
New A different occupant in there? could have solved a National problem; nothing else worked.
     Baileyball! - (rcareaga) - (3)
         Wassup with the URL; is this IWT's default when you forget to give one? - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Hmmm. Will look at these - (rcareaga)
         A different occupant in there? could have solved a National problem; nothing else worked. -NT - (Ashton)

If I'm trying to do something that stupid, strong typing is the least of my problems.
41 ms