IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Exactly.
One thing of note, California has, for example, stricter labor laws than most states. It makes sense for Aetna to carve their California business out separately. They sure don't want their Indiana office to be subject to the sort of employee protection laws that are present in California. It's a minor contributing factor to why the umbrella company carves themselves into smaller bits, but its contribution is non-zero.

Also, in those negotiations you mentioned, Aetna lumping together the members they have in Michigan, Illinois or New York doesn't help them in California. No provider (physician, lab, hospital, etc.) cares how many non-California members a company has and so there's no incentive for Aetna to have everyone lumped together.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Nice ..but ugly, clarification.
     When it rains it pours - (drook) - (31)
         any idea of the cause? -NT - (boxley) - (10)
             It just keeps getting better - (drook) - (9)
                 your foot not the parents :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     Thought I said ... Yeah, I did - (drook) - (1)
                         ok missed that, ouch! -NT - (boxley)
                 Most sorry to hear of so narsty a convergence as seems near enough ... Diabolical. - (Ashton) - (5)
                     Yup, convergence seems to be going around. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                         Ummmm.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                             Oh, I've bailed her out of one disaster . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Ahh.. Understood (!) to a fare-thee-well. :-) - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Translation: - (Andrew Grygus)
         Well, shit - (pwhysall) - (16)
             Truth - (drook) - (15)
                 You're not getting surgery out of state are you? - (crazy) - (1)
                     That's what I need the consult for - (drook)
                 Re: Truth - (TB D)
                 Are none of these weird "networks" nation-wide? If not, why not? - (CRConrad) - (11)
                     Individual states are responsible for issuing insurance licenses. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Yeah, so? If you're MegaInsurance Corp, you just get licenses from many/all of them, no? -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             It's not cut and dried. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 (That this mode has been perpetual: defines the *Shame* of USian ongoing, fecklessness): Duh! -NT - (Ashton)
                     Re: Are none of these weird "networks" nation-wide? If not, why not? - (TB D) - (5)
                         Thank you for being here - (crazy)
                         Preach It! Brother; that's Best short-summary yet peeped; we suck so hard: it's a [-]-vacuum Bizness - (Ashton)
                         Exactly. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Nice ..but ugly, clarification. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Holy geez - (jake123)
                     as usual it depends is the answer, I work for a large multinational comany - (boxley)
         Holy wow, Drew. Best of luck for all of that -NT - (malraux) - (1)
             Amen to that! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Ouch. - (jake123)

This is all frightfully unimportant, but since when has that been a reason not to post?
73 ms