IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thou sayest; I anticipate much more filling-in ..as the Drumpf-death-campaign continues un-Stopped.
New I need to stop looking at this stuff.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: I need to stop looking at this stuff.
You can catch my cousin's interview. 14 days hospitalized on high pressure O2.

https://wwjnewsradio.radio.com/media/audio-channel/metro-detroit-man-talks-about-recovering-from-the-coronavirus

He still can barely manage a single flight of stairs.
New better more detailed picture
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Jeezus fuck, I didn't need to see that
--

Drew
New Yabut, today the Avge. age of COVID-membership is 36;
..before .. it was 65.

Ergo [Boolean /on] Statistically You are umm, better off? ONE! 111
Ducks behind the 'Who's-behind-that'? ..curtain.
New Yes, but . . .
. . the younger set still thinks of it as a "Boomer Remover". It'll take a lot of them dead to remove that meme, if it even can be removed.

Fortunately, I'm pre-Boomer, so I'm immune, right?
New Hadn't heard that, you'd think that would be a huge deal
--

Drew
New I wasn't proficient at snagging all the 'conditions'
Saw this en-passant, so no intro--may have been on pbs/'News: the #s shown were on-screen text.
But in context, the spot was re. 'expected Gaussian-by-age' -vs- the various pre-Maturity! Openings and the results: seen post-event(s). Thus, scoping the age-groups present at [n] of the the Daytona-Beach-grade complete obliviousness, later looking ~2-weeks +/- later: and using similar Stats-munging as previous 'new cases '#s.

(Given the status of getting-any-data from Drumpf Inc. (and the rest we know) I'd say that 2-digit 'precision' is unlikely (??) i.e. "65" without a range is bogus, thence. But the younger age-group span is broad enough, I guess.

Nothing is SImple. when jackals are daily[still[ removing Lots of data fron US-gov sites.(Part of that mutt Be; because, if Obama's name is anywhere near some piles of Docs--erase it, sayeth the unmanly-child.
[Can't believe this isn't Fiction].
New BTW, an admission
I didn't fact-check that before sharing it. It matched what I expect, so I passed it on.

It apparently checks out, but I should have confirmed first. The article even said, "we have not verified these claims."
--

Drew
New thats why I checked it didnt look like a lung
the picture I linked to definitely was/is a lung
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I'd say that's definitely a "was"
--

Drew
New Sadly, that's the thing that gets no coverage
Anyone hospitalized with COVID-19 is looking at months to a year of recovery (and the most severe cases may never fully recover.) The 3-5% mortality is just a fraction of the damage this thing does.
New Very scary this thing.
Yep, it is really scary.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-06-26/inside-the-body-the-coronavirus-is-even-more-sinister-than-scientists-had-realized

And there is the evidence that it attacks blood vessels, an insight that has resulted in blood thinners entering the treatment mix. Clotting is a problem, particularly in youngers. This results in micro strokes and subtle brain damage in some cases. And we have 20 year olds that have needed double lung transplants.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11763754/mild-case-coronavirus-long-term-organ-damage/

I really do not want to get it. I have a few bad risk factors. Asthma and hypertension the biggest. Staying home mostly (have nice Smalltalk based work from home gig - serious job security there), N95's when I go out (found a stash on my boat for sanding work), and find my fundamental distrust of all strangers is now an asset rather than a social liability.
New Ah, the personality of a scientist.
Columbia University microbiologist Stephen P. Goff urged caution in assuming that filopodia are necessarily behaving as a second mode of infecting cells with virus.

“It’s intriguing and a really cool observation,” Goff said. The study’s striking images show that the filopodia contain a lot of virus and that in the lab, inhibiting their growth seemed to reduce viral replication. This strongly suggests that filopodia are somehow amping up the virus’ ability to infect cells, he acknowledged.

“But we don’t yet know what stage [of infection] is affected” by the strange protrusions, he said. “It will be great fun to find out.”

"Really cool." "Great fun." Reminds me of the discussions around the possibility of "the end of the world" and the Trinity test.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New More fun with SARS-CoV-2
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200622-the-long-term-effects-of-covid-19-infection
Now, more than 300 studies from around the world have found a prevalence of neurological abnormalities in Covid-19 patients, including mild symptoms like headaches, loss of smell (anosmia) and tingling sensations (arcoparasthesia), up to more severe outcomes such as aphasia (inability to speak), strokes and seizures.

No word on how temporary/permanent some of these are but a stroke has to leave a mark...
     COVID-FACTS from caretakers == WHY the anti-maskers are, each. one. iggerant-Terrorists - (Ashton) - (25)
         Picture worth at least 10k words - (drook) - (16)
             Thou sayest; I anticipate much more filling-in ..as the Drumpf-death-campaign continues un-Stopped. -NT - (Ashton)
             I need to stop looking at this stuff. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                 Re: I need to stop looking at this stuff. - (TB D)
             better more detailed picture - (boxley) - (8)
                 Jeezus fuck, I didn't need to see that -NT - (drook) - (4)
                     Yabut, today the Avge. age of COVID-membership is 36; - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Yes, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Hadn't heard that, you'd think that would be a huge deal -NT - (drook) - (1)
                             I wasn't proficient at snagging all the 'conditions' - (Ashton)
                 BTW, an admission - (drook) - (2)
                     thats why I checked it didnt look like a lung - (boxley) - (1)
                         I'd say that's definitely a "was" -NT - (drook)
             Sadly, that's the thing that gets no coverage - (scoenye) - (3)
                 Very scary this thing. - (TB D) - (2)
                     Ah, the personality of a scientist. - (mmoffitt)
                     More fun with SARS-CoV-2 - (scoenye)
         What are the odds? - (mmoffitt) - (7)
             "Dear Mike_at_SFGate, did you know an impostor has been posing as you for decades on a site..." -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                 :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 :0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Once I delved for ~n of A.....'s - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Speaking of name-games: 'Scott' gets rolled today: - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Deleted Dilbert from my comics feed today - (drook) - (1)
                             ^This. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Ahh, the good old days when I didn't know how stupid I was.
161 ms