(That Stuart Chase pubished his magnum-Opus in the year of my birth), thence the accident of some {forgotten-event} led me to,
The Tyranny of Words--I count as seminal Event in my matriculation into whatever sentience ever, finally sunk-in.
{That he had written this epistle in-service-to a young relative is, I surmise} a clue re his care in Using those 'Words' artfully)
--while progressively blending-in new nuance, meant to get the girl cogitating on the already imparted material. Easier said than done, that.)

aka I share your dudgeon over what only seems mere nit-pickery if taken en passant, as in quip-ifying.
To wander about in the daily Maya--unclear about the importance of Implication-made -vs- Inference-taken,
is a base canard
[and if that phrase is unfamiliar to some: it means ~a Lying tale]--something everyone would recognize
today as, indistinguishable from any DJT utterance--Ever]. Even his 'Base' is a Base-base canard, I wot.

(Should we next...find selves on local-Barricades? I shall send along the *Phlogiston recipe forthwith; never leave home without it)
..when tilting at such Windmills as pwn the framing to every-idiot-assembled, someplace.
* Akin but Different, look-up Thermite sometime, eh?

--Still seeking a superlative beyond merely, Ludicrous (Times :-)