IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New They sound nice
Not.
Sitting in his patrol car in Wilmington, N.C., Officer Michael “Kevin” Piner predicted Black Lives Matter protests would soon lead to civil war. “I’m ready,” Piner told another officer, adding that he planned to buy an assault rifle.

“We are just going to go out and start slaughtering them f------ n------,” he said.

The shocking threat came amid extended, openly racist conversations between Piner, 44, and two other police officers, 50-year-old Cpl. Jesse E. Moore II, and 48-year-old Officer James “Brian” Gilmore. In the discussions, taped by accident on a patrol car camera and released Wednesday by the department, the men freely drop racial slurs, suggest killing black residents and deride protesters.

“Wipe 'em off the f------ map,” Piner said of African Americans. “That’ll put 'em back about four or five generations.”
Smile! You’re on Candid Camera!
On June 4, a sergeant was conducting routine video reviews when she found a nearly two-hour long clip from Piner’s cruiser created by an “accidental activation,” according to a department report. After listening to the racist discussion, she alerted a superior who started an internal investigation.

Piner, a Wilmington police officer since 1998, began the recording by expressing his fury about the ongoing protests against police brutality and racial injustice in the wake of George Floyd’s death. Speaking to Gilmore, who had apparently pulled his cruiser up alongside Piner’s car, he complained that local police only cared about “kneeling down with the black folks.”

Gilmore, hired by the department in 1997, said that whites were now “worshiping blacks,” adding he’d seen a video of a “fine looking white girl and this little punk pretty boy bowing down and kissing their toes.”

The two then complained about black officers on the force, calling one a “piece of s---” and complaining that another was “sitting on his a--” during the protests. “Let’s see how his boys take care of him when s--- gets rough, see if they don’t put a bullet in his head,” Piner said.
I sense some anger management issues here.
Soon, Piner turned the conversation to his belief that a civil war was imminent and his intention to buy high-powered weaponry. After saying he was ready to “slaughter” black people, he added, “God I can’t wait.”
Ah, the weed of crime bears bitter fruit, Margo. Internal Affairs plays the recording to the careless coppers. They are contrite. They are really, really sorry that they said these bad things, and they particularly regret saying them in front of a live mike.
On June 9, Internal Affairs investigators confronted the men with the recording. They admitted to having the conversations, but the officers each characterized it as “venting” and blamed the “stress of today’s climate in law enforcement,” investigators wrote.

Moore and Gilmore argued they were “not racist,” with Moore adding he “doesn’t normally speak like that but was feeding off Officer Piner,” according to the investigators. Piner, meanwhile, said the tape was “embarrassing” and suggested concerns for his family’s safety had led him to a “breaking point.”
I’ve noticed of recent episodes where racist rants wind up on social media and/or in the news, the ranter invariably* denies being, well, a racist, usually offering a variant of “that’s not who I am,” meaning “that’s not how I really feel (I was just venting).”

Well, bad apples and all. Thank goodness that the Wilmington PD got rid of this trio before they spoiled the unblemished contents of the rest of the barrel. I think we can be fairly confident that in future the officers remaining on the force will kill the sound before they “vent.” As to these three, they will no doubt find ready employment in another jurisdiction.

*Well, maybe** not this chick.

**Oh, wait:
When she called sister station KOLR, she wouldn’t even say where she was calling from; only specifying that she has left Branson, her home of six years.

The call was a response to what she describes as a misunderstood portion of her day that was caught on video.

Jenkins said she was only there in the parking lot of Dixie Outfitters to observe the nearby Black Lives Matter protest.

“I’ve never been to one,” she said. “I just wanted to see what the rally was all about.”

She said while watching from the other side of the street someone handed her a Confederate flag. She claims she didn’t fully know what it represented but assumed it was a symbol of unity.
Pull the other one, sweetheart. It’s got a bell on it. Anyway, she has done the traditional mea culpa with this statement, and—yes! We have a winner! Emphasis added:
“As many of you know I am Kathy. I just wanted to start with saying that I am truly deeply sorry for what I said. This isn’t who I am as a person. I obviously cannot take back what I said. I can only learn from this. I want to make it clear. I am not teaching my children or grandchildren to hate anyone. No one. Ever. I’ve always taught them to respect and love anyone no matter the race. I’ve always taught them to treat people with the same respect as they would want to be treated. My words and actions have been a learning experience. Not only did I learn from this, but I hope this message helps others that they cannot take back what they have said. Again I am so so sorry because that is not who I am. I would never ever want to see anyone hurt and I don’t care who they are.”
Well, it was not all that long ago that she wouldn’t have dreamed of apologizing, sincerely or no, so baby steps. Carrion, as Ashton is wont to say.

cordially,
New as a grandparent sometimes I have to remind folks that little people have big ears
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Seems that these Cop-Rorschach, Blood-spot? Tests just keep-on coming --> Tally Ho!
..it takes a heap o' repetitive examples to put ary a dent in that IQ-disarmament, The American Way.
     They sound nice - (rcareaga) - (2)
         as a grandparent sometimes I have to remind folks that little people have big ears -NT - (boxley)
         Seems that these Cop-Rorschach, Blood-spot? Tests just keep-on coming --> Tally Ho! - (Ashton)

Everyone is terrible and the world is burning.
32 ms