IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New “Find my phone!”
The spousette is much given to misplacing things: keys, glasses, purse, phone. I am predictably enlisted in the search parties. This afternoon, she could not locate her phone, which she was certain she had with her last night. My assistance was solicited.

I posed questions with a mind to narrowing the search parameters, but also in order to establish remote possibilities as to the whereabouts of the device, which did not respond to calls or pings. Did you leave it in the car?—No, of course not, I had it here last night.

My questions were met with trenchant contempt: “Why are you wasting our time? Just help me find it!”

At length I suggested she attempt the “Find my phone” app from her iPad. “Why? I already know it’s in the house.” “Humor me.”

The app is invoked. “See? It’s here?”

Rand, drily: “For values of here equal to half a block up the street.”

The phone was, indeed, under a seat. I have advised the frau to keep this episode in mind the next time she is disposed to dismiss my evaluations out of hand, but I must tell you, my auditors and only friends, that I have but scant confidence that she will.

cordially,
New Yep
She loses something that has a built-in method for finding it, but asking to actually use it is bothering her.

Not to mention, GPS is often good enough to tell you which side of the house it's on.
--

Drew
New Clearly the difference between a binary and a depth-first search. :-)
My ex used to lose her keys in the house and for a brief while would ask me where they were. I replied a few times with "I don't know - where did you put them?" knowing she was aware I always put my keys in the same spot almost without fail.

She stopped asking fairly quickly but to her credit tried to stop leaving them in random places, too.

Wade.
New The aWatch has a useful feature
It can "ping" your phone, causing it to emit a loud noise.

I have used this on more than one occasion, because my phone is remarkably perambulant, for a hearty slab of glass and metal sans limbs or other appendages germane to motion.
New She’s aware of the feature
…and because pinging didn’t work, and calling didn’t work, and since she knew that the phone was in the house, there could be just one explanation for its silence: its battery was dead. There’s probably a life lesson here, but it would be impolitic for me to urge it upon her.

cordially,
     “Find my phone!” - (rcareaga) - (4)
         Yep - (drook)
         Clearly the difference between a binary and a depth-first search. :-) - (static)
         The aWatch has a useful feature - (pwhysall) - (1)
             She’s aware of the feature - (rcareaga)

An implementation of non-trivial covariant returns for non-varadic virtual functions.
49 ms