IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Friday Night Massacre leaves intended victim standing
…and thoroughly pissed off.
Berman issued a blistering public statement.

“I learned in a press release from the Attorney General tonight that I was ‘stepping down’ as United States Attorney. I have not resigned, and have no intention of resigning, my position, to which I was appointed by the Judges of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York,” Berman said.

“I will step down when a presidentially appointed nominee is confirmed by the Senate. Until then, our investigations will move forward without delay or interruption. I cherish every day that I work with the men and women of this Office to pursue justice without fear or favor — and intend to ensure that this Office’s important cases continue unimpeded.”

Unlike many other U.S. attorneys, Berman is almost uniquely positioned to resist efforts to oust him, at least for a while. U.S. attorneys are typically nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate, but in Berman’s case he was appointed to the job by the federal court in his district, and there is some legal precedent indicating that only the court, not the Justice Department, can remove him until a replacement is confirmed by the Senate.
See also this Twitter thread. There has been some speculation from rational sources that Barr essayed this removal in furtherance of an attempt to derail some SDNY investigations into sundry administration criminality. Interesting, too, that Lady Lindsey appears to be hedging (their*) bets.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) signaled on Saturday that he will not move forward with a nomination for the U.S. attorney for Manhattan without sign off from two Democratic senators.

Graham said he would wait to receive a "blue slip" — a sheet of paper that indicates if a home-state senator supports a nomination — before moving forward with a new nominee to be the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York.

“As to processing U.S. Attorney nominations, it has always been the policy of the Judiciary Committee to receive blue slips from the home state senators before proceeding to the nomination," Graham said in a statement. “As chairman, I have honored that policy and will continue to do so."
Rat, noting that the waves appear to be lapping much closer to the gunwales than hitherto: “Is that a rope I see, and a pier?”

I do believe that this story may have legs. But I’ve been disappointed before. Hell, before the middle of next month, the story will have been pushed off the front pages by the inexplicable surge of covid19 cases in Oklahoma.

cordially,

*Note that I am generously extending a gender-neutral pronoun to Senator Huckleberry Closetcase, although I would really prefer “it” to “their,” as in “it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.”
New Humble Poster request:
Scene: a medium-distance shot from audience, framing the large swastika atop Nuremburg podium (highest resolution available), with Usual-Orator there.

{nice-font!} T, O-encircled .. include maybe a Tulsa sig? printed on a nearby watcher's back ..for the clueless-plurality.

Please. Pretty-please?
[Too costly: an air-drop from light-plane÷] over that er, COVIDatorium, the scene of the murthers-to-ensue amidst the local innocents,
as the perps later stream ---> Out-to-Infect.
New Donnie may have waded in. Or not.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/20/politics/trump-fires-berman-barr-says/index.html
Attorney General Bill Barr said in a letter Saturday that President Donald Trump had fired Geoffrey Berman

but
Trump said Saturday he wasn't involved with the decision.

Might have to stock up on popcorn for this one...
New Barr is fucked.
When Trump starts putting distance between you and him like that, you might as well clean out your desk now.
New Pretty good self-own for the administration for sure
And shit rolls of Teflon Don, thence proceeding downhill.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Nope
Donnie followed up and fired him. Barr is an absolute true believer (or manipulator with his own particular agenda) and will not be tossed.

They pretended to make a deal and his chosen successor will continue on his work, but we know that won't last for more than a week or two.
New Well, shit.
I suppose Barr does know where a number of the bodies are buried.
     Friday Night Massacre leaves intended victim standing - (rcareaga) - (6)
         Humble Poster request: - (Ashton)
         Donnie may have waded in. Or not. - (scoenye) - (4)
             Barr is fucked. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 Pretty good self-own for the administration for sure - (malraux)
                 Nope - (crazy) - (1)
                     Well, shit. - (pwhysall)

Ignore the man behind the curtain!
71 ms