IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The part that goes "beep"?
PCs with internal speakers hooked to the sound card are rather rare. They made little sense in an office setting. IIRC, some of HPs later models had sound built-in but you almost had to hold your ear to the case to make it out.

The monitor may have embedded speakers, though.
New I had one of those ... yes, nearly useless
--

Drew
New Microsoft had a PC Speaker driver at one point.
Might have been an "internal tool" I got from a buddy. But I remember installing it and getting some sort of sound out of it around 1991 or so. Doubtless 16-bit.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Yes, it was a 16-bit Windows thing.
I remember it too. Not much more than a novelty, really.

Wade.
     Things you forget about desktop computers - (drook) - (33)
         Are you sure? - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             The part that goes "beep"? - (scoenye) - (3)
                 I had one of those ... yes, nearly useless -NT - (drook)
                 Microsoft had a PC Speaker driver at one point. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Yes, it was a 16-bit Windows thing. - (static)
         Desktop computers? Is there some other kind? - (Andrew Grygus) - (27)
             Servers, workstations, mainframes, embedded ... Yeah, quite a few other kinds. -NT - (drook) - (4)
                 Re: Servers, workstations, mainframes, embedded ... Yeah, quite a few other kinds. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     Most browsing and media consumption is on handheld devices these days, afaik - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         Google says . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Try BrowserStack for testing. - (malraux)
             With desktop peripherals, laptops/notebooks ARE desktops. - (CRConrad) - (21)
                 As long as there's a dock so I only need to fiddle with one plug -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     Yeah, that would be even nicer. - (CRConrad)
                 Well, my (remaining) clients mostly perfer . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (18)
                     "install a dual monitor video card"... When was this, in 1987? - (CRConrad) - (17)
                         A lot of desktops have embedded video. - (static) - (16)
                             Which was the case here. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                 Utterly fucking weird. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                     Hey, I'm using one of those low-profile HP desktops - (drook)
                                     It wouldn't have mattered much - (scoenye) - (2)
                                         Preach it - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Note on USB3/TB and Macs - (drook)
                             What's "embedded" video, if not what laptops have had since... Idunno, the Bronze Age? - (CRConrad) - (9)
                                 Looking at the back of mine ... - (drook) - (7)
                                     OK, no USB Type C, of course... But no DisplayPort (2007) or HDMI (2003)? Or even DVI (1999)?!? -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                         Notebooks here are starting to come with HDMI . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                             My work laptop has only one HDMI port - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                 I got J a new Mac Mini and a 4K LG display recently. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     USB-C "docks" and adapters... *sigh* - (static) - (1)
                                                         Insert standard XKCD reference here -NT - (drook)
                                         Nope, nope, and nope -NT - (drook)
                                 Not just the processor. - (static)

Sorry, no can do.
126 ms