IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Servers, workstations, mainframes, embedded ... Yeah, quite a few other kinds.
Yeah, I know all about those, and have worked on most of them. You forgot supercomputers, mini-computers, etc., but none of those are used for personal Web browsing, listening to music, or (heaven help us) YouTube sound tracks. Most don't even have a place to plug speakers in.
New Most browsing and media consumption is on handheld devices these days, afaik
And in the US, nearly half of those are iPhones.

Desktops still exist, obv, but they are handily outsold by laptops.
New Google says . . .
almost 2/3 of visitors to my Web site are from "mobile devices", so I have adjusted my pages so they display as well as they can on such devices - at least if they're Android and held horizontal. I'm not anxious to spend the money to find out how they look on i(anythings).

Google has moved me to their new (in development) "Mobile First" spider, which has found no serious problems and very few (and declining) minor issues. The site still works a hell of a lot better on a full screen, and is impossible to make significantly better on mobile devices.

A little more than 1/3 of my visitors are desktops, and maybe 5 to 7 are tablets.
New Try BrowserStack for testing.
https://www.browserstack.com/

They have some kind of free plan too.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Things you forget about desktop computers - (drook) - (33)
         Are you sure? - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             The part that goes "beep"? - (scoenye) - (3)
                 I had one of those ... yes, nearly useless -NT - (drook)
                 Microsoft had a PC Speaker driver at one point. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Yes, it was a 16-bit Windows thing. - (static)
         Desktop computers? Is there some other kind? - (Andrew Grygus) - (27)
             Servers, workstations, mainframes, embedded ... Yeah, quite a few other kinds. -NT - (drook) - (4)
                 Re: Servers, workstations, mainframes, embedded ... Yeah, quite a few other kinds. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     Most browsing and media consumption is on handheld devices these days, afaik - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         Google says . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Try BrowserStack for testing. - (malraux)
             With desktop peripherals, laptops/notebooks ARE desktops. - (CRConrad) - (21)
                 As long as there's a dock so I only need to fiddle with one plug -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     Yeah, that would be even nicer. - (CRConrad)
                 Well, my (remaining) clients mostly perfer . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (18)
                     "install a dual monitor video card"... When was this, in 1987? - (CRConrad) - (17)
                         A lot of desktops have embedded video. - (static) - (16)
                             Which was the case here. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                 Utterly fucking weird. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                     Hey, I'm using one of those low-profile HP desktops - (drook)
                                     It wouldn't have mattered much - (scoenye) - (2)
                                         Preach it - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Note on USB3/TB and Macs - (drook)
                             What's "embedded" video, if not what laptops have had since... Idunno, the Bronze Age? - (CRConrad) - (9)
                                 Looking at the back of mine ... - (drook) - (7)
                                     OK, no USB Type C, of course... But no DisplayPort (2007) or HDMI (2003)? Or even DVI (1999)?!? -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                         Notebooks here are starting to come with HDMI . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                             My work laptop has only one HDMI port - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                 I got J a new Mac Mini and a 4K LG display recently. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     USB-C "docks" and adapters... *sigh* - (static) - (1)
                                                         Insert standard XKCD reference here -NT - (drook)
                                         Nope, nope, and nope -NT - (drook)
                                 Not just the processor. - (static)

People from Iowa are often kinda dumb, but their English isn't that bad, even though they come from Central America.
107 ms