IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The nightmare is over - it is done!
17 months of intensive work, much of it at a "full time" rate, but the 4950 pages of clovegarden.com have been updated to html5 and css3, every one examined and approved by the w3c verifier (new version in testing, and a lot fussier than the old one). "Shelter in Place" was very helpful in getting all this finished.

Also, since we changed phone services, T forced me to get a real "smart phone", which came in very handy to make sure everything displays well on mobile devices - well, if they are Android and held horizontal anyway. I don't know how they do on i(anything) and am not anxious to spend the money to find out. I'll wait for COVID-19 to be over so I can view them on somebody else's i(something).

My adjustments for mobile were just in time. Two weeks ago Google sent me a message saying my Web site had been transferred to their new (in development) "Mobile First" search spider. They had less than two weeks of results, but my site showed no errors, very few minor problems, and trending rapidly to fewer.

Fortunately, there is no html6 coming soon, nor css4. Both html5 and css3 are now considered "living standards" with some fancy new stuff being added to a stable base. "html6" is just a code for stuff being proposed, none of which which concerns my pages at this time.

Now I'm locating orphan recipes that are not in the indexes. This was formerly an impossible task, but is now dead easy. If the first line says anything more than
!DOCTYPE HTML, it's an orphan. About 1/4 of the ones I've found were so complete and with photos, I could just finish them up and index them. The rest go into my "devel" index to be finished as time permits.

Now, with most of my few remaining clients in "Shelter in Place" mode, I can get around to things like home repairs and property management.

I did have to go see a client today though, to install a dual monitor video card. She's working from home and anxious to have two monitors like she had in the office.
New Congratulations! Now you can move on to more fun things. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I can 'imagine' ... accompishing such a feat..
(Were I ro set a goal of say, 'organizing' a lifetime of scribbled notes-to-Self? and like that)
I cannot remotely-imagine: actually Finishing such a feat.

You, Sir: are a Wonderment; mere mortals hardly ever earn Ten-Tenths (re any topic).
And.. we'unses-All Need: such an Anti-Drumpf example ..as the What-If's?? fill all our brainz,
within this fey Solitary-confinement.

This message will self-destruct in 15 seconds.
Should any wishful Pol urge you to run-for-President,
The Management shall disavow any knowledge of your existence [or Theirs].
New Well, it turned out a little less done than I thought.
It is now dead easy, formerly very difficult, to identify orphan recipes, those that were not quite finished and indexed. It turns out there are a lot of them, especially from 2007, but significant numbers fro 2008 and 2011.

Nearly all of them were completed to the point of having photos of the finished dish, but, as they say, "the job isn't done until the paperwork is finished".

Back in 2007, there are a lot of photos with only the camera name, which have to be carefully matched to recipes. Some recipes are so complete they need only update to standards, spell check, and index. Others are in various states, but most with enough information to complete them accurately.

A few are going into my "Development" index because they don't have enough information, or are specifically flagged "DEV: adjusted, need re-run and photo."

One Chinese recipe, that has long been indexed, was a total failure, and has a warning not to try it at home. It is doable for an experienced street vendor, with a huge wok kept so hot oil bursts into flame when sprinkled in.
     The nightmare is over - it is done! - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
         Congratulations! Now you can move on to more fun things. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         I can 'imagine' ... accompishing such a feat.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Well, it turned out a little less done than I thought. - (Andrew Grygus)

This is untested and you're my guinea pig.
104 ms