IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A tale of DJT-© -vs- Cartooning, as stirs mens' souls.. with Implication(s).
Kos

Incidentally, I use Redbubble for my t-shirts and other merch. Last week, I uploaded this cartoon (below) to my collection, because it was very popular and I thought it would make a good T-shirt.

Less than 24 hours later, I received this email from Redbubble:

Hi Nick,
We’re sorry, but we had to remove some of your artwork from the Redbubble marketplace because it may contain material that violates someone’s rights. We identified this material in your artwork based on guidance provided to us by the owner of those rights.
More information:
Rights holder: Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
Subject matter: Donald J. Trump for President
Affected artwork:
The Trump Cult: https://www.redbubble.com/people/andertoon2/works/48156343-the-trump-cult
What you can do next:

1. Do nothing
Your artwork will not be reinstated, and you may not upload it again. In most cases, this brings the matter to a close.

2. Get more information
(Links to FAQs)

3. Dispute the removal
(More links)
Thank you,
The Redbubble Marketplace Integrity Team

“Integrity team??”

Naturally, I disputed the removal. I can only surmise that the Trump campaign is suggesting that the “MAGA” hats are a Trademark violation. This, of course, is absurd. The First Amendment and Supreme Court case law clearly protects Trademark and and/or Copyright “infringements” if it the material in question is being satirized.

It has been six days, and I have gotten no response from Redbubble. Given how quickly my work was detected and taken down, it is clear that the Trump campaign has some aggressive techniques for spotting this kind of content and attempting to take it down.

This raises some troubling issues. The Trump campaign appears to be aggressively and successfully suppressing content on commercial sites that it doesn’t like, and some of them are apparently rolling over pretty quickly.

--Nick Anderson

New Barbara Streisand is calling, she'd like her effect back
--

Drew
New [TLI] Am under-informed re 'Barbra's<sic> effect-ations. Dew tell, please.. [Oops-rong spot]
Expand Edited by Ashton May 25, 2020, 12:54:20 PM EDT
New https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Streisand+effect
--

Drew
New your link did not provide any answers
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Really?
The Streisand Effect is when someone draws more attention to something by trying to suppress it than it would have gotten if they'd just ignored it. How does that not describe Trump - or someone on his team - trying to suppress this cartoon that I would have otherwise never heard of?
--

Drew
New :-)
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Sure it did--if you simply followed the, even-*animated* [Click Here] box, Box:
Herewith the impressive Numbers as validate the earned sobriquet--for the leery Lass's logical-lapse,
just below Wiki-version:
{Click Here]
;^>
Welcome! to our (ever enlarging)-Group of, glancers-at..
We look; often we do not see--only rarely do we See ..fully (The very-mantra of TMI-overload?)

$$$-150-Grand!! ..to defend against a cockamamie /easily-trashed Case, as meant--
A) feeds the Lawyers-are-Slime mantra, one-more-Time
B) Teaches Barbra most-effectively, that in any next: 'R.T.P.' for consequences before speed-dialing
an A-hole Atty (who DIDN'T warn her that) She Would Lose--so as to guarantee His unconscionable stipend.

It's a doG-eats-God world out there.
     A tale of DJT-© -vs- Cartooning, as stirs mens' souls.. with Implication(s). - (Ashton) - (7)
         Barbara Streisand is calling, she'd like her effect back -NT - (drook)
         [TLI] Am under-informed re 'Barbra's<sic> effect-ations. Dew tell, please.. [Oops-rong spot] -NT - (Ashton) - (5)
             https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Streisand+effect - (drook) - (4)
                 your link did not provide any answers -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     Really? - (drook) - (1)
                         :-) -NT - (boxley)
                     Sure it did--if you simply followed the, even-*animated* [Click Here] box, Box: - (Ashton)

Real classics should flash or jiggle or fade to black.
86 ms