IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Major Market Run Today.
No, didn't wear my new Plague Doctor outfit, though I was sorely tempted. Don't think I will, until the full length black leather overcoat comes in to complete the set.

That beak, by the way, is quite functional. Originally it was stuffed with aromatics to kill the stench of the dying - it was thought the stench carried the disease. Actually, it probably worked, at least to some extent, because many aromatics have anti-microbial properties. I had to drill out the breathing holes though, they hadn't been punched well enough.

Only went to Super King today, my major supplier. No significant shortages, though I didn't check hand sanitizer - because I've never bought any of that. Bleach works fine.

Replenished my supply of dead pig. Bought "Cushion Meat" (boneless shoulder) which has little fat or membranes. That's OK because I have a good supply of Pig Stock and Lard. Simmering down what there was for one pot of soup.

Pig prices were up maybe 20% from their level 6 months ago, Dead Cow maybe a bit more. Dead Chicken and Fish sections looked filled to overflowing. Nearly all our Chicken is produced in California under near clean-room conditions, in response to the avian flu panics.

Replenished my herb supplies - they're yellowing by less than a week. I'm no longer using red or green Bell Peppers, because every time I pull one out to use it's rotting. Now using red and green Anaheims, which are much more durable.

Bought a 750ml bottle of my favorite Armenian brandy (Ararat, 5 year age), because I've almost finished a bottle, and have only one spare. This is my standard throat disinfectant. Any time I notice the slightest irritation I douse it with an ounce or so, and also disinfect any time I've come in from breathing in public places.

Need a short nap now, and then I'll get back to updating my Web pages to HTML5 and CSS3. I can now almost see the light at the end of the tunnel - and I don't think it's an oncoming train. I haven't heard any mention of an HTML6, and there isn't an active CSS committee any more.
New Well, it's the herb supplies that keep us going back to groceries.
Meat can be frozen and not replenished often, but spinach for green smoothies, milk for coffee and cereals, and fresh fruit like bananas just don't last that long.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New When you do don the outfit: pics please!
Pity that .. damn few will cop to the authentic-relic which you are merely show & tell-ing.
(The spiked-helmet might get you arrested.. terminal-mopery).
     Major Market Run Today. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
         Well, it's the herb supplies that keep us going back to groceries. - (a6l6e6x)
         When you do don the outfit: pics please! - (Ashton)

Reese's Pieces? Am I in a different pit this time?
137 ms