IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I got prairie dogs
I thought they were gophers at first. I was wrong.

My cat went missing yesterday. She's still gone. She may be wandering the neighborhood. She is not an outdoor cat. At least not while I've had her. We got her from a Russian blue rescue. She was on the streets for a while. It took about 6 months before you could approach her. It took another 6 months for her to be my lap cuddling cat.

She was practically silent. In the last couple of weeks she started talking. She would come over to me and smack my face with her face and chirp and trill and point out the bug she wanted me to kill. Sigh.

So anyway I was wandering the neighborhood and realized that about 50 yards from my house there is an area of hard-packed dirt hills. and in those hills there are many many prairie dogs. And they were pissed at me.

They have the lookout that screams warning to everybody else and they all pop up and then pop down and then as I walk through the field they pop up about 10 yards away from me and scream at me.
New And the cat came back
The very next day.
New Glad to hear
New [Whew!!]
Many times, re the 'drop-in-for-food' strays, ferals.. one goes missing as in,
~4 years ago: the son (of one of current pair of In/Out ones): I had espied That one plus a drop-in who had become pick-up-able (!) since his first appearance months back: strolling down the entry road (to my cul-de-sac). instantly reminding of the ending of, Casablanca ..as Bogie plus Claude Rains, arm-in-arm are heading off --> into the sunset. Have seen neither since.. prompting Wonderings like, "hit by a car?" ...BOTH-at-Once/unlikely :-/ etc.

The Son was/is-still? intelligent, contrarian and perpetually in. action. {sigh}--so HOW? do you 'lose' two-such, from a sinecure with regular TLC+Food? [rhetorical]. Owls? I buffer this as: maybe they found an oasis in which the Staff-of-one: lavishes a better grade of rotisserie-chicken?

Glad your's ended the Worryings. (One of current pair would go-missing for a Day+, early on. Flashlights at night, run.. Fortunately Tux seems to have given up that, 'Way we keep the Staff confused' ploy.

It's all Show-biz, in the end: Break a leg!
New And they are herbivorous.
They are related to squirrels.

They do have sharp teeth and will put up a fight. So, cats should not bother them.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x May 8, 2020, 10:58:00 PM EDT
     I got prairie dogs - (crazy) - (4)
         And the cat came back - (crazy) - (1)
             Glad to hear -NT - (scoenye)
         [Whew!!] - (Ashton)
         And they are herbivorous. - (a6l6e6x)

I'm sure when this came out, it was better than whatever else was out. Want to play chess with me, son? No way, Dad.
68 ms