IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Resupply mission to Vietnam.
I was running short of some Asian ingredients, so made a pass to Vietnam (San Gabriel). One thing I got is a big bundle of Swamp Cabbage - so, it's dead pig and Swamp Cabbage for supper tonight - it doesn't store well at all. It is very popular here in Los Angeles, sold here mainly as "Ong Choy", but also as "Water Spinach".

This leafy green is a controlled substance in many states (any states that have fresh water). In California it is grown by licensed farms and can be transported without a permit. California figured this was a much better solution than having Southeast Asians surreptitiously clogging the irrigation systems with it.

California also had a problem with Asians stocking the irrigation and aqueduct systems with with Snakehead fish. Very harsh penalties were instituted for possession of a live Snakehead. The Asian markets were encouraged to be adequately stocked with frozen Snakeheads.

The markets have complied, but felt "Snakehead" was not a good marketing name, so they are sold as "Mudfish". Snakeheads are voracious predators that can travel for miles over land. They have been known to fight it out with dogs. "Sob. Sob. My little Mitzi was eaten by a FISH!"
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus May 6, 2020, 07:59:25 PM EDT
New Got pics? Or video? Sounds cool
--

Drew
New Re: Got pics? Or video? Sounds cool
No video, and no pics of the market, which is huge.

We do have a page for Water Spinach / Swamp Cabbage. We also have recipes for it linked from the Choy section of our index as Ong Choy.

We also have a page for Snakehead / Mudfish
     Resupply mission to Vietnam. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
         Got pics? Or video? Sounds cool -NT - (drook) - (1)
             Re: Got pics? Or video? Sounds cool - (Andrew Grygus)

The genius of it is that it was designed for any idiot to use.
71 ms