IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New DIY guide
https://asd.gsfc.nasa.gov/archive/hubble/a_pdf/news/SM2-MediaGuide.pdf

I forgot the guidance cameras. The gyros keep Hubble on-track during slewing and while not observing. During observations, the telescope is kept on target by two guidance cameras. Those lock on to a star in the general direction of the main tube and direct the telescope's motion controls to keep the star centered in the field of view.
New Ah.. thanks, clear. (Why didn't I think of that? ..must be low in DaVinci genes).
Still: those little Maksutov-Cassegrain spotter cameras, looking a far---distance: One Pixel precision in thoso tiny hunks of quartz??

(Think the exponential-cost for "Ten-Nines purity" (in chemical reagents /or Anywhere ya nees a 17-place log-table).
Expand Edited by Ashton April 29, 2020, 04:08:45 PM EDT
     Hubble's 30-Year Anniversary PIC in its best imaging format - (Ashton) - (8)
         Nice! Thanks. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Gyroscopes - (scoenye) - (6)
             Feared that.. 'MTBF' KIlls. But how else to do the physics? if there's no mass-in-motion :-/ -NT - (Ashton) - (5)
                 Re: Feared that.. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     Thanks! ... I n t e r e s t i n g . . . PIco-gyros! -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Likely solid state accelerometers - (scoenye)
                 DIY guide - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Ah.. thanks, clear. (Why didn't I think of that? ..must be low in DaVinci genes). - (Ashton)

Like a cat on a hot tin roof.
76 ms