IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, damn.
Yesterday was suddenly sunny and 90°F, with a gentle breeze, after months of cold, rain, and high winds A perfect day to wash my bed sheets and hang them out to dry, which they definitely needed.

Now, as I've mentioned before, my cleaning method has a strong bleach step, where only Clorox brand bleach works. Their list says, "Sodium Hypochlorite 6%; Other Ingredients 94%. They've got something in that "Other ingredients" item that others don't have, and since this isn't food, they don't have to list it unless it's officially toxic.

As I did this step, I noticed I was getting a bit low on Clorox, and it's been hard to find lately - but I determined I'd have to find some within the next few weeks.

Then, Damn! Trump goes and recommends that people main-line Clorox! This is going to make it even harder to find.
New cf. 'Science' for an angle on that last--we may know %-Clorox in 2020 post-mortems soon!
(After all: many folks would have just Done As Dear Leader Recommends) one might er, hope?
New That other 96% ought to be distilled water.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Precisely.. sodium hypochlorite don't need no 'phantom ingredients': would alter effect.
New By actual experience, that just isn't so.
The jug itself claims otherwise, describing benefits not available from sodium hypochlorite and water alone. By comparison in use, Clorox contains some powerful surfacants at the least

Take my experience with bed sheets. Long soak in Agent Orange (citrus based cleaners) and the first agitated rinse the water is filthy. Three more rinses, it's finally reasonably clean. Then a strong bleach soak. With regular bleach, it doesn't make much difference. With Clorox, the water becomes just as dirty as it was at the first agitated rinse.

With the regular bleach, the sheets still look grungy. With Clorox, they look almost factory clean.

So you guys can claim there's nothing but water and sodium hypochlorite all you want, but I have direct experimental evidence that isn't true - so I'm going to ignore you.
New Re: By actual experience, that just isn't so.
New Some of those can hardly be called inactive ingredients!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New But, the big question is . . . . . . .
. . are all these ingredients effective against COVID-19 by intravenous injection?

My guess is that COVID-19 will no longer be a problem after such injection - definitely a cure.
New In the same way amputation is a "cure" for a broken leg
--

Drew
New Indeed! also-too..
those Special-binoculars which--when focus knob is touched--send sharp objects into ... [deleted because: Eeeuwww]
are a 'cure' for someone about whom a Mafia-Don/or ..another Don has concluded: "not Loyal-enough".

Got it.
     Well, damn. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
         cf. 'Science' for an angle on that last--we may know %-Clorox in 2020 post-mortems soon! - (Ashton)
         That other 96% ought to be distilled water. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
             Precisely.. sodium hypochlorite don't need no 'phantom ingredients': would alter effect. -NT - (Ashton)
             By actual experience, that just isn't so. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Re: By actual experience, that just isn't so. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Some of those can hardly be called inactive ingredients! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                         But, the big question is . . . . . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             In the same way amputation is a "cure" for a broken leg -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                 Indeed! also-too.. - (Ashton)

You want to debate how many LRPD's fit on the head of the GRR?
64 ms