IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We will have occasion to see by the numbers
…how the relaxing of “social distancing” proceeds over the coming weeks and months. As to them who venture carelessly out, and spread the joy? They’re probably not doing much in the way of prophylactic measures. They’re some of them going to get sick in the name of freedumb, and will expose others who, perhaps, have only gone out for minimal supplies and services.

But don’t let that trouble you, box.
New Conservative solidarity
You know, "you'll help me even if it hurts you"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52359100
Meanwhile Christian Yingling, a former commanding officer of the Pennsylvania Light Foot militia, called the protest "an acceptable risk".

"I'm gonna do what I got to do to feed my family," he said. "If it means I got to risk my health then so be it… and yes even potentially the health of others.
New I'd send flamethrowers to these protests.
But that might just be some leftover Leninist in me.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Not surprising

Jax Weaver and her 7-year-old daughter at the Austin rally: “I’m not worried about catching the virus. If we did catch the virus, I feel that we’re healthy enough to fight it.”
--

Drew
New won't trouble me unless there is a vector to infect someone practicing stringent protections
mask in public, bleach wipes in store and wipe down all surfaces with bleach wipes while touching same.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New How tight is your circle?
I see my immediate family every day without masks. If one of us is exposed, odds are all of us are exposed. That's my circle.

If my 8-year-old is playing in the back yard, sees a neighbor kid and runs over before we can stop her, now their whole family is in my circle.

If they had the grandparents babysit Saturday, now they're in my circle.

If the grandparents went to a rally last week because Trump told them to liberate Ohio, now all of them are in my circle.

Tell me again how there's no vector for my 84-year-old mother-in-law to get it?
--

Drew
New walk in the door, bleach hands, wipe face same rules for everyone
unless someone is hacking a lugie into your face social distancing will cover it in most cases.
New Re: most cases
Human intuition doesn't handle incidents with low probability but high risk. I agree that your list handles "most cases". But I only need one of the six people living in this house to be on the wrong side of "most" and we've all got it.
--

Drew
New that would be the case whether your area stays is lockdown or starts opening up
Expand Edited by boxley April 22, 2020, 09:11:17 PM EDT
New ..as told to Bogart in 'Maltese Falcon',
"You're a fellow of nice judgments..." (just before the Fat-man's Heavy kicks the shit outta Bogie).

Awards here:
+9 for sweet-Reason ..compressed to 5 words!
+10 for Restraint in-face-of: what could easily evoke n-snarks, abegging.

But actually methinks that: Box's triage accords with my own evaluation, taken exactly as phrased. Except: sans your elegant, "Yes.. But.."?
--there Will Be collateral damage [Military-euphemism-grade], however that aim is applied:
is it not a classic [n!] Problem? this Pandemic of Apocalypses.

tl;dr a Bitchin riposte :-)
     Prescience from…Henry fucking Kissinger?? - (rcareaga) - (28)
         Indeed. The outlook is not pretty. - (mmoffitt) - (27)
             why is that scary? - (boxley) - (26)
                 As I said, you aren't paying attention. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                     very much paying attention - (boxley) - (11)
                         This might help you. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                             crap propaganda has been around for years, now what is your plan if they cant get - (boxley) - (9)
                                 STAY THE FSCK AT HOME. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                     so you have an income do you? Many other americans do not - (boxley) - (7)
                                         The needs of the many outweigh ... - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                             I will be distancing regardless but people with starving kids will rise up -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                 real people, real problems - (boxley) - (4)
                                                     Real f'ing-Virus, unReal governance, ever-Disgusting Repos-in-Charge: what could go Rong (?) -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                         As if to underscore your comment... - (mmoffitt)
                                                     donut shops are now "essential businesses"? - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                         we do not have an essential business order in place - (boxley)
                 “Those that want to commingle can take their chances” - (rcareaga) - (12)
                     And those to whom they are exposed etc - (boxley) - (11)
                         We will have occasion to see by the numbers - (rcareaga) - (9)
                             Conservative solidarity - (scoenye) - (2)
                                 I'd send flamethrowers to these protests. - (mmoffitt)
                                 Not surprising - (drook)
                             won't trouble me unless there is a vector to infect someone practicing stringent protections - (boxley) - (5)
                                 How tight is your circle? - (drook) - (4)
                                     walk in the door, bleach hands, wipe face same rules for everyone - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Re: most cases - (drook) - (1)
                                             that would be the case whether your area stays is lockdown or starts opening up - (boxley)
                                     ..as told to Bogart in 'Maltese Falcon', - (Ashton)
                         Re: And those to whom they are exposed etc - (lincoln)

There is such a thing as dinner plates and what goes on them is mightily disappointing.
61 ms