IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No they don't!
The want to prolong Bernie's campaign, divide the Dems, and build resentments between the two sides. If nothing else a lot of donor money is pissed away.

The strategy worked so well in 2916. Some of Bernie's supporters did not vote and some voted for Trump.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New The messages I'm getting from the Repos are very clear.
Trump is, of course, deeply disappointed that he will not be running against "Crazy Bernie", but that isn't the target of their campaign.

Their very loud, and very shrill, propaganda is aimed directly at the Bernie Bros. It is designed to convince them that Bernie's failure was not at all because of the incompetence of his campaign organization (which it was). It was entirely a plot by the "Democrat Establishment" (Democrat Deep State?) to screw Bernie over royally. It is designed to make them really pissed off, so pissed off they won't bother to go out and vote for Biden.

This may work with MM, but I hope not with too many former Bernie supporters.
New OTOH..
It's never a promising-Bet: that The Base collectively: can follow such a train-of-logical IF THIS THEN THAT, UNLESS.

That %unknown of those who have (let's say) Already LOST a cohort ..and as more coverage ramps-up (if the Virus isn't Winning. much.) before election (if there is one) ...
And who are already recalling the Menace's, "Its a Chinese Hoax /We've got it All Covered" etc. etc ..the "wavering": these Can see that Biden will go Forward--> looking backward to The Good Times (which The Base thinks can be replicated--like your image-disk SYA, after OS-Whatever has a Colonel-Panic).

CAN Biden effectively eviscerate the Menace's execrable 'Character', in language The Base can groK? ..may be irrelevant ... if there's enough Rage over the unnecessary #bodies AND the obvious incapability + even opposition-to! Immediate Action-all-along, (despite documented January Warnings now on Wash-Po and everywhere else). For just one 'framing'..

Now if Elizabeth Warren were Veep.. (as many have uttered, within several conversations) ... (Yess.. a %Base would despise 'HER=female + Smart'),
but Rage alters one's entire previous inner-BS.
New Echoing DNC talking points is unconvincing.
More of Bernie's supporters voted for Hillary in 2016 than Hillary supporters voted for Obama in 2008. That is a simple, if inconvenient, fact.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I know ... I still remember how Obama lost by that margin
--

Drew
New Point = missed.
bcnu,
Mikem

New if he picks the right veep it will help
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New *THIS* is *NOT* helping.
by Janet Hook and Evan Halper (LA Times today)

WASHINGTON — Joe Biden confronted the daunting task Wednesday of uniting and energizing a party that has been through a long, divisive primary, and is now distracted by the fears and daily challenges of a global pandemic and world economic collapse.

With Sen. Bernie Sanders’ decision to drop out of the race, Biden is seeking to win over his rival’s loyal band of progressive supporters, many of whom lack enthusiasm for the former vice president and his establishment brand of politics.
Sanders’ exit now allows Biden to work with the Democratic National Committee to raise money. They have plans to launch a joint fundraising committee that can solicit checks from donors in the tens of thousands of dollars. Contributions to the campaign itself have a $2,800 federal limit.
Biden, however, is drawing support from the anti-Trump wing of the GOP: The Lincoln Project, an organization of disaffected Republicans, endorsed Biden on Wednesday.
At a virtual fundraiser, Biden invited former GOP Sen. Chuck Hagel to headline the event with him.

He invited Hagel FFS? In 2020? I hope my kids don't see this. At least one of them will, though. She's lives in LA.

Brilliant start out on the Right foot, Joe.
bcnu,
Mikem

Conservatives rejoice. Bernie's out. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
         Situation reminds of: that [doggerel-poet-wannabe] Rod McKuen's: - (Ashton)
         No they don't! - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
             The messages I'm getting from the Repos are very clear. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 OTOH.. - (Ashton)
             Echoing DNC talking points is unconvincing. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                 I know ... I still remember how Obama lost by that margin -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     Point = missed. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 if he picks the right veep it will help -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     *THIS* is *NOT* helping. - (mmoffitt)

It'll be gradual, but faster than you expect. One day it won't be there, and the next day you'll be surprised at just how fast it still isn't.
48 ms