IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New unlikely.
Hoarding behavior was promoted by the news media, including reports of no TP at all in Australia.

If this country had any idea how to handle a crisis situation, the current store enforced limits of 1 package per family would have gone in immediately.

My visit to Super King Market on Monday found huge amounts of paper napkins, which had been in growing supply for over a week, and good supplies of TP, which had been spotty. Paper Towels, which were very rare, were now in good supply too. The paper mills are catching up now that the markets enforce a "one package per family" limit.

Comet Cleanser is still in very short supply, because profiteers have bought it all up and are selling it for over $8 per can on eBay. I was running low, but found a cleaning supply wholesale company that had a slightly different non-retail version (blue can not green) in good supply.

My other shortage, Agent Orange (my name for powerful citrus peel based cleaners). was pretty much wiped out on the Internet, but my local home improvement store had a couple of gallon jugs (yes, I bought only one).

The NRA has sued Los Angeles County for not designating gun stores as "essential businesses" exempt from closure. This has caused long lines at gun stores in Riverside County. After all, once you have a huge hoard of TP, you need guns and ammo to protect it!
New ROFL. Good one.
After all, once you have a huge hoard of TP, you need guns and ammo to protect it!
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New The TP hoarding was weird here.
It really was panic buying. Most of our TP is made here and manufacturers ramped up production within a week, but people kept buying. Supermarkets would roll out a 7-foot high pallett in the middle of the day and it would all be gone in 10 minutes.

But that was a few weeks ago. There is less being bought now and supply is easier to keep up.

Wade.
     never thought I'd stand in line to shop at Wal-Mart - (lincoln) - (11)
         Apparently Costco around here has it - (malraux)
         Heard an explanation for the shortage. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
             there was shortages here long befor stuff started closing down, panic buying - (boxley) - (1)
                 Started as panic buying, continuing as a change in habits -NT - (malraux)
             Welll ... - (drook) - (3)
                 "Sorry, you are not a winner. " - (Ashton) - (2)
                     "I just know what I read in the magazines." -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         "All artists are potentially a victim of their desire to be unique. " -NT - (Ashton)
             unlikely. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 ROFL. Good one. - (mmoffitt)
                 The TP hoarding was weird here. - (static)

There’s nothing we like more than appearing to be open minded.
60 ms