IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Governor Cuomo of NY is doing pretty much the same.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New But large differences..
Cuomo manifests as a Didactic..(unless Meeja just focusses upon him/alone? unclear if there's a participating audience thus Q&A: both possible and with multiple speakers). To me he's too-close for comfort in style--to The Menace's; we don't get to hear the valuable exchanges and feedback from--in CA: mostly competent--the many POVs on ecah of the critical aspects of the entire clusterfuck range/locally and nationally.

So I give him a C-; at least he doesn't make Model-sex innuendo (as in DJTs obvious: kindergarten-grade jibe re 'Models' (of virus action) wherewith he wallows in his Sexpertise (or $$-pertise?) magnet for arm candy ..wherever he can find a way to unwrap-it). tl;dr--no colloquy? with Cuomo it's a Dictat, innit. Newsom appears to moi to exemplify ~how Best is this sort of Info exchanged -vs- "Here's what I'm doing/Want Done" Love It or leave-me-alone.
New VT's Gov been doing that
He'll give his status update, then open the floor to meeja questions (in a surprisingly civilized manner + queue much hilarity as half forget they have the mute button on.) He tackles the general political questions and the rest is deferred to the underlings and medical experts.
New 2 mobsters, different families
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Well, it's all relative but he's doing a lot.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Democ. Now reports on matters of Amazon -vs- worker safety + organizing
(On their site, fwiw) En fin, Cuomo sides with Amazon, on a number of issues. 'Perfunctorily' I gather.
Cuomo ain't no Paragon--off camera (and his unaccustomed, current Virus-Celebrity)
Luck to him to get 'blood-out-of a turnip' named DJT: in any case. (Even if the humane downsizing of Rikers et al
..seems also to be slipping off his agenda).

The Play's the thing wherein we
catch the conscience of the King
     How CA is handling Info (daily..) ..a Nation loosely associated-with (those other tribes). - (Ashton) - (6)
         Governor Cuomo of NY is doing pretty much the same. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
             But large differences.. - (Ashton) - (4)
                 VT's Gov been doing that - (scoenye)
                 2 mobsters, different families -NT - (boxley)
                 Well, it's all relative but he's doing a lot. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Democ. Now reports on matters of Amazon -vs- worker safety + organizing - (Ashton)

"Professor, how do I know that I exist?"

"And who is asking?"
156 ms