IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes - in fact . . .
. . one of my two most visited markets, Super King, remodeled, moving their liquor section into a confined sub-store with only one narrow, carefully guarded entrance, to reduce "shrinkage". Items selected are paid for in that sub-store and tagged as "Approved".

This sub-store is the size of many liquor stores, and has an incredible number of selections that are over US $100 per bottle. I buy the Armenian brandy I use as throat sterilizer there.

My other most visited market also has a vast liquor section with plenty of expensive bottles. Theirs is all in a wall long, glazed cabinet under lock and key.
New In Florida, even some Walmarts do that.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     booze buys up - (boxley) - (15)
         Briefly, though. - (hnick) - (12)
             That was one thing I found odd in the US. - (static) - (5)
                 It's state-by-state in the U.S. -NT - (drook)
                 IIRC, you can buy whiskey in the food stores in CA. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Yes - in fact . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         In Florida, even some Walmarts do that. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     in louisiana as well. Also there they have drive thru daquiri shops -NT - (boxley)
             do you guys still sell almost liqour in the gas stations?. -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 our gas stations sell beer and cheap wine - (lincoln)
             VT liqour stores closed but they can now make home deliveries :-/ - (scoenye) - (1)
                 VT: smarter/quicker than even Presidents*, nice. -NT - (Ashton)
             Re: Briefly, though. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Oh, to be an Englishman. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Re: booze buys up - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Hmmm... that last mightn't be Off the Wall, y'know? (depending on how, too-near? was a passer-by..) -NT - (Ashton)

Particularly fine on the conical-bore cornet.
63 ms