IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Tom Lehrer YouTube link.
We Will All Go Together When We Go.

I bought the album when it was new back in 1959.

It's funny you brought it up because I thought of it earlier in the day in a different context. My wife and I were out for a stroll holding hands. It's about all you can do do in Sun City because all common use buildings are closed and we are supposed to practice "social distancing". It was a warm sunny day everyone walking about was doing the right thing. My wife has problem with her knee where it occasionally collapses in pain. She tries to lighten the load on that leg by pushing down on my hand. Anyway, if one of us gets the coronavirus, we both will have it. Hence, I tought of the song.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New GMTA.. got album(s) too; he's aways foreshadowed Geo. Carlin et alia
"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice
Unless you get a good percentage of her price"
(BSA marching song)

He's always had the guts to--informedly--tackle such as EXTINCTION --> towards which we + alia
have so often raced like lemmings (but ever-so-much faster).

(That we are 'guided' this day' by a functionally-illiterate megalomaniac..) is way beyond satire AND irony.
We can never have a duet of Tom + George, telling-it Like It Is, on all the brain-dead meeja. {{sob}}
That, I deem: is the Real 'tragedy of the Commons' /screw any IT/Linus associations with the phrase.

Take. care. er, moar! These bugs think us geezers are Tastier, I hear.

(Im in a cul-de-sac, pretty-much invisible to crowds-with-Tiki-torches and/or Drumpf arm-bands; haven't hugged any kids in a while, etc. Solitude never sucks; meditate/read the stack of books and never 'Worry' be my mantra. It's worked thus far :-)

Carrion-luggage? mayhap a thing of the past. I can live with that.
     600B Tons Arctic Ice melted in 2019. - (Ashton) - (2)
         Tom Lehrer YouTube link. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             GMTA.. got album(s) too; he's aways foreshadowed Geo. Carlin et alia - (Ashton)

We got the same old show.
48 ms