IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Query, then..
Props for the precision also accuracy of this quandary which I express as, the Search for an Original IBM-grade Keyboard: with its unerring 'feel of completion-of-stroke' at price of bulk and alas, absence of such now-universal fucction key-assignment

I have an annoying Logi- K-811 (the '10' but aimed at OS X) which does many things seamlessy BUT, while there is a weak over-center-toggle: it does-Not correspond with success!--actual keystroke-landed, unless hit rather hard for this One's expectations: thus multiplying My?/Their? fucking-Typos unto distraction. In other words, there's no 'flow' twixt one's stuff to be entered and ... that one-finger-typing process wherein each key is hit as-if it were rilly-dumb. And who can type well ..That way?

I can stand a bigger gadget, but it must indeed have the (in this case: even room-light aware) key illumination; I too would pay-for Color-assigned keys like the bloody caps-lock-in-Red: I just disabled its function--it is so maddeningly adjacent to several popular keys; w.t.f. Needs to regularly do ALL-CAPS? (except Mad-men).

I'd put up with the pukka, clean IBM /noise were it capable of retro-fitting--short of soldering-up boards to emulate what's missing re Function assets--but that would be a job for still-around? BYTE-creative types, not moi. If I'm missing perhaps.. some KB you've encountered which handles what the K-811 does OK, I'm all ears. I'm about to make-room for the pair, expanding desk-part of my otherwise nicely-small Station == iMac ancillaries.
Blu-tooth 811 means: handiest would be a sturdy-support floating just above/behind the IBM. (No, a hovering robo-copter is just too noisy).

No reply needed unless there's something out there I missed, but you didn't. :-)
New There's any number of people doing USB model Ms (and conversion kits)
New Here you go
https://www.pckeyboard.com/

Brand new buckling-spring Model Ms with USB connectivity.
New Ah... its already an industry--thanks much--small one has the Goods/OS X. qwertyuiop
     A final couple of acquisition speculations: Keyboard and headset. - (CRConrad) - (10)
         Re: A final couple of acquisition speculations: Keyboard and headset. - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Can you make it monochrome, for a normal backlight? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Yes. Any colour you like, or no colour at all. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Query, then.. - (Ashton) - (3)
             There's any number of people doing USB model Ms (and conversion kits) -NT - (pwhysall)
             Here you go - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Ah... its already an industry--thanks much--small one has the Goods/OS X. qwertyuiop -NT - (Ashton)
         There seems to be a rush of mechanical keyboards. - (static) - (2)
             The HH keyboard seems to be... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 The HH keyboard is tougher than you think. - (static)

Let's get this party started...
153 ms