IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Can you make it monochrome, for a normal backlight?
I've become spoiled by laptops, so a backlight / "through-keys-light" is probably a must. But that gaudy display in the pic... Ugh. The LRB does that on bootup, but the she fortunately settles into monochrome. Oh, and does it have caps- and num-lock lights? That's the LRB's biggest failing; she doesn't. But, the gaudy blinkenlights are supposed to be programmable, so maybe I can get the Lock keys to light up in a different indicator colour according to state... Just haven't done anything about that yet. (Oh, and the weird endearing quirk of the otherwise Scandi-keys keyboard, just to show she's really German after all: The "End" key is labelled "Ende".)

Yeah, I looked at gaming mice too, and came this >.Tip / Recommendation for you: Look at that 3DConnex I got. It's available in both rightie and leftie versions, and quite big. I got it mainly for the leftyness, but also thought I'd like how big it is; I've always preferred somewhat bigger over smaller mouses. This thing, though, is if anything perhaps a smidgeon too big for my about-average-sized-I-guess hands. Fortunately not by much, so I think and hope I'm getting used to it. It's solidly built, feels robust as heck, and has a lot of special driver-thingies (mostly for CAD software, but I think office stuff too; haven't tried any of it) included. Connectivity BT / USB wireless dongle / micro-USB (also for charging), so can be used tethered with radios off. All in all pretty great, and at a guess even more so for your bigger mitts. I got the impression 3DConnexion is a spin-out from Logitech, and at the upper end of that... Biggest annoyance is pretty tiny: Nowhere to keep the USB radio dongle, no compartment either in the mouse itself not in the otherwise fancy zippered case. As JerryP would have said: Recommended.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Yes. Any colour you like, or no colour at all.
     A final couple of acquisition speculations: Keyboard and headset. - (CRConrad) - (10)
         Re: A final couple of acquisition speculations: Keyboard and headset. - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Can you make it monochrome, for a normal backlight? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Yes. Any colour you like, or no colour at all. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Query, then.. - (Ashton) - (3)
             There's any number of people doing USB model Ms (and conversion kits) -NT - (pwhysall)
             Here you go - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Ah... its already an industry--thanks much--small one has the Goods/OS X. qwertyuiop -NT - (Ashton)
         There seems to be a rush of mechanical keyboards. - (static) - (2)
             The HH keyboard seems to be... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 The HH keyboard is tougher than you think. - (static)

If it nae be Scottish, it be CRRRRRRAP!
44 ms