IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New “It isn’t easy being green card-less”
As the national ADHD has moved from one rusty object to the next, the poor devils locked in cages on the border haven’t been getting much attention. This might change soon, and not in a good way. From The Guardian:
Doctors are concerned the spread of coronavirus to the US’s prison-like immigration detention centers is inevitable and will hit a system blighted by overcrowding and medical negligence.

There are two known incidents of possible coronavirus infections tied to the US immigration detention system, which has detained record numbers of people under Donald Trump.

Dr Ranit Mishori, senior medical adviser at the Physicians for Human Rights advocacy group, said it was inevitable coronavirus hits either a prison or jail, and that it was likely to hit immigration detention centers as well. “Looking at what has been happening in immigration detention centers, it doesn’t inspire much confidence in me,” Mishori said.

Any type of detention center is a cauldron for infectious disease because of the crowded conditions and limited access to medical care. Five cases of mumps in immigration detention centers in September 2018 ballooned to nearly 900 cases among staff and detainees by August 2019.

In these facilities, it can also be difficult to follow the most basic prevention advice – regular hand washing – because clean water and soap aren’t guaranteed.
Kinda tough to practice “social distancing” within the crowded enclosures we’ve been permitted to see. It will be interesting to learn how the regime handwaves away the transition from “detention centers” to “death camps,” although in the unlikely event they’ve given any thought* to this at all, they’re probably assuming that the fatalities will be lost in the overall signal-to-noise ratio as the virus goes through the population at large like a pitbull through a playground.

Recall that Anne Frank died of typhus.

*Stephen Miller: “You say ‘death camps’ like it’s a bad thing.”

cordially,
New Anent--just sent my pittance to Guardian's ept muckrakers: recently. Carrion--it's the horizon
New Well, I bet the guards are not even wearing masks.
Not to mention fancier protective gear. So, hey will pay the price as well.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     “It isn’t easy being green card-less” - (rcareaga) - (2)
         Anent--just sent my pittance to Guardian's ept muckrakers: recently. Carrion--it's the horizon -NT - (Ashton)
         Well, I bet the guards are not even wearing masks. - (a6l6e6x)

A McFrankenstein creation of various elements not utilized by the home cook.
100 ms