IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New RIP Bob Shane, the last of original Kingston Trio.
NY Times: Bob Shane, Last of the Original Kingston Trio, Dies at 85
Bob Shane, the last surviving original member of the Kingston Trio, whose smooth close harmonies helped transform folk music from a dusty niche genre into a dominant brand of pop music in the 1950s and ’60s, died on Sunday in Phoenix. He was 85.
I suspect that only Ashton may be aware of the Kingston Trio. But, in the late 1950's and eaarly 1960's they were my favorite group. I got to see them live a few times and still have a several of their albums.

What I never knew till reading the obituary is
Mr. Shane was born Robert Castle Schoen on Feb. 1, 1934, in Hilo, Hawaii, ...
To get a flavor of their music. try the MTA video at the linked article. MTA is the Metropolitan Transit Authority in the Boston area. For a while, MTA had a fare scheme were you paid varying amounts based on where you got on and where you got off a trolley. You would may the most to get on at the remote stops and less as you approached the middle of the route and then you would have start paying more and more to get off the trolley. Obviously there are potential problems.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Indeed, in those pre-Ronnie halcyon days of 'Good'-vibrations.
Later on we had ('70 Joni Mitchell, 'Ladies of the Canyon') ... The Day Paradise paved over, put up a Parking Lot.

There was much more laughter, far-better conversations and [too-much-to-list] before the Repos erased all-remaining 'ethics' entirely
from their minuscule conscience + consciousness.

NOW: we must loose the Improved-Daleks and EXTERMINATE the 'party' as its minions wither into obloquy, thence: butts-of-jokes for the foreseeable.
If we Don't do this--they will keep us around only to do the heavy lifting--like now.
qed
New Interestingly enough
and despite my relative youth, I remember the Kingston Trio. We had a few of their albums kicking around the house I grew up in.
     RIP Bob Shane, the last of original Kingston Trio. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
         Indeed, in those pre-Ronnie halcyon days of 'Good'-vibrations. - (Ashton)
         Interestingly enough - (jake123)

Allow me to retort!
142 ms