IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New King Day at the Dome yesterday.
The NAACP has that annual event in Columbia, SC the state capital. It starts with a service at the Zion Baptist Church followed by a march to the capitol building, actually called the South Carolina State House. MLK related speeches and performances are then had on State House steps.

This event took on a expanded form this year because of the presidential campaigns and the primary elections in SC next month. Turns out that because 60% of the SC Democrats are black, the major Democratic candidates showed up for the event. I had no idea that would be the case. The messages I, as a Biden supporter, got was to come and march with Biden.

I got to the church and walked inside to see what was going on. It was pretty full of people many were milling about the isles. I walked near the front and was shocked to spot Bernie. I got close enough to put my hands on him, but only took a picture. No sign of Joe at that point. Anyway, I went outside to connect with Biden supporters were I spent my time until the march began. I was given a Biden poster to carry around. The temperature was around freezing so it was not all fun.

The march was lead the Democratic candidates walking arm in arm. The head of the marchers was well ahead of me so I had to see that on TV later! :) It was a good turn out.

Eventually at the State House steps, I got to see and hear Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Tom Steyer, Elizabeth Warren, Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuchar and Daval Patrick. I may have seen Pete, but he did not speak so I'm not sure.

I'm hoping that I've seen the next president of the US!

Also, there was Jamie Harrison who is taking on Lindsey Graham for the Senate seat. I was amused to hear the slightly different accent in his speech.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Nice ..Live!
Democ. Now showed the recently uncovered 'good-tape' of MLK's speech re Vietnam (at Riverside Church). He told it Straight--as timely for mid-Trump as for that genocide of millions, to save them from godlesscommunism.

Shall any one of these? [I favor a Trumovirate]--any SIngle-homo-sap should never have the option of launching a nuke--fat chance] ... save the dis-US from its pandemic mindlessness? ~300 days to find out.. that's about 1500 Lies from the Menace, to go. Just ever peeping that anus-square mouth-hole flapping is excruciating.

Cheers!
     King Day at the Dome yesterday. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
         Nice ..Live! - (Ashton)

But I can't help but think that one of his primary functions is to serve as a warning to others.
64 ms