IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I finally had to install a SystemD Linux . . .
. . Debian 10.0.0 "Buster" - because older versions cannot be installed on current PCs. Fortunately SystemD is able to launch System V init programs without problems (that I know of), or my client would have been royally screwed.
New Devuan runs peachy.
I've been switching all the machinery over since last year. Took some doing to get it going on Raspberry Pi but that hurdle was passed too. The only one left to go is my wife's laptop but that is not a technical issue.

I have been using Debian since the Hamm (2.0) days. It was a surprisingly tough choice but I haven't encountered a reason to regret it so far. Stretch "stable" in particular was not very stable compared to what that used to mean and the ever increasing usurpation of essential services* by systemd with total disregard for those not on the systemd bandwagon pretty much made the jump unavoidable.

* udev in particular was nasty. Poettering's changes made it impossible to safely use LUKS encrypted partitions without systemd as of Stretch.
     Adding (at least) Linux onto a Windows laptop(1). How??? - (CRConrad) - (15)
         if you have wintel 10 you need a pro license to do hypervisory stuff - (boxley) - (1)
             Yeah, I got W10 Pro. - (CRConrad)
         Got pigs on the roof? - (scoenye) - (1)
             Somewhat like I thought, somewhat not. Very useful. - (CRConrad)
         Avoid multiboot. It's a pain. - (pwhysall) - (4)
             Hmm. Other voices to agree or disagree with Peter? -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                 I do agree. - (mmoffitt)
                 As usual, it depends on whay you want to do. - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Grafix should be OK, no NVidia. - (CRConrad)
         Also, do you have a reason to avoid systemd, other than religion? - (pwhysall) - (5)
             For one thing, I'm an atheist... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 I finally had to install a SystemD Linux . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Devuan runs peachy. - (scoenye)
                 turn that ipv6 crap off -NT - (boxley)
                 +10 -NT - (mmoffitt)

I think its a fine solution to the problem that you probably shouldn't have.
116 ms