Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Has the pendulum's movement paused?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New good luck with that
in expensive cities like NYC getting raises to $15/hr is needed. However, corporations like Mickey D's will use it as more incentive to go to non-human kiosks and dump minimum wage earning people.

I was in Missouri several weeks ago where I encountered that. Stood at the counter, not having noticed the kiosk panels behind me, until a teenager came out and said I could only order off the panel. When I asked about a special I had seen on tv recently, it took him a few minutes to find it, and he was getting noticeably frustrated because I wanted it and refused to default to something else.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Those kiosks are there BECAUSE THERE IS NO UNION.
What do you want to bet the first thing the Union negotiates is how damned many of those things are allowed in their restaurants?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New ..fucking-Al Punte!
New McD's here have kiosks.
But you can also order at the counter. I think they tried to make people use the kiosks at one point but they seem to have relented. I go to the counter because they skimped on the hardware for the kiosks so they're very slow. And like to lockup. Not a good customer experience. I told them so.

The big three supermarkets here also have self-service checkouts alongside the normal ones. I've become so used to seeing them that I was rather surprised to find the Whole Foods in Austin I frequented did not have them!

Wade.
     Has the pendulum's movement paused? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
         good luck with that - (lincoln) - (3)
             Those kiosks are there BECAUSE THERE IS NO UNION. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 ..fucking-Al Punte! -NT - (Ashton)
             McD's here have kiosks. - (static)

We're talking "filled with angry bees" levels of agony.
70 ms